Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I am on 457 visa expiring on 28th Feb 2019 and I also applied for PR visa 190(assessment in progress). I know our passport should be valid for more than 6 months before we travel to any country from India, I have planned a a return trip in Aug 2018 and will be coming back to Australia in September end.
I am not hoping on my PR at the moment as the processing time shows 9-12 months. Should I need to have a visa at least 6 months validity before I travel back to Australia ?

As per 457 grant notification, I should not arrive after 28th Feb 2019, does it mean that I can travel back and forth before this date ?

Please help me, I am trying to get back my family in Aug 2018.

Regards,
Manju

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I am assuming the sc. 190 was lodged onshore, so you would have been granted a bridging visa A, which will come into effect when the sc. 457 comes into effect. If you want to travel overseas, you need to apply for a bridging visa B a few weeks before departure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am assuming the sc. 190 was lodged onshore, so you would have been granted a bridging visa A, which will come into effect when the sc. 457 comes into effect. If you want to travel overseas, you need to apply for a bridging visa B a few weeks before departure.
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply, yes I have applied for PR -190 from onshore and also got Bridging VISA - A, but as per grant notification travel facility not allowed on this as I still have a valid 457 VISA. It also says like

"About your bridging visa
The bridging visa is not in effect because your temporary business entry visa is currently in effect.
"

Travel overseas do this it says :

Travel on your current substantive visa (if you have one that allows you to travel ad return to Australia before it expires)

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You won't need a BVB until the sc. 457 visa ceases, so you can continue to travel on your 457 visa in the meantime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.