Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

Currently I am facing a situation where my 457 VISA is expiring on Dec’18 and recently came to know that my company is no longer eligible to sponsor or nominate me.

So I need to get TSS VISA until I could secure my ongoing PR application bridging VISA which is expected in 4 to 5 months Max.

I have a full time job and meeting all TSS requirements.

My profession falls under : MLTSSL 262112 ICT Security Specialist.

Please let me if anyonce came across this scenario and the available options so that I could extend my stay in Sydney and secure my job here.Had consultation with few immigration agents, no positive direction.

Any inputs appreciated.


Thanks and Regards,
Balahasan V.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,603 Posts
What positive direction were you expecting?

Your current sponsor can no longer sponsor you once your visa expires, so you either need to find another sponsor or apply for some other visa.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,241 Posts
I'm not sure I understand your post. You have a 457 and your employer can no longer sponsor you, but you want to apply for a 482 and then a permanent visa. Do you have another employer ready and able to sponsor you? Because if your current one can't, I'm not sure where you'll get a 482 nomination from.

What PR visa are you planning to apply for? If you're referring to a 186 visa, then same issue of needing an employer will apply.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Maggie and CCMS,

Yes I am afraid that's the situation. Since I have already applied PR and waiting(Just initiated). Not sure when I will get Invite and if I need to secure a bridging visa after my 457 VISA expires. I would need a substantial VISA to stay in Australia until I get my bridging VISA. Within 2-3 Months upon expire date.Else based on my limited available options, I could get 482 through a consultancy on contract. Worried about the substantial bond risk and spending additional few grands.

So I'm checking if anyone had faced this situation before. Any other substantive visa options which I should know about ?


Thanks and Regards,
Balahasan V.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,241 Posts
I'm not sure if a 482 for a consultant is realistic or even possible, but perhaps speaking with a registered migration agent to assess any other options would be a good investment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Maggie,

I have already applied for PR through Immigration agency. Now I am waiting for the Invite. So If I don't get the invite before Dec. I might have to go and work from my country until I get my PR. So I won't be eligible to apply for my Bridging VISA offshore.

So the problem is, I have a Job or I can get a Job on bridging VISA or PR. But I'm looking for an option to skip this 4 to 5 months waiting time offshore having commitments in Sydney. That's why I am looking at legal options to extend my stay if I don't get the invite before.


Regards,
Bala
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top