Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My visa was granted today for 18months while my job code is in long term list. I think the reason is because the contract is just 18 months (start up company too).
My question is what happen when the visa is expired? Can I renew it (with contract renewal) at that time with same visa type or at least can continue working while waiting for new visa (with same contract/company)

Thanks all

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You could apply for a new visa (would be the 482 as the 457 is now closed to new applications) or perhaps you could consider applying for a 186 PR visa under the direct entry stream. Once you lodge a new application while onshore in Australia, you would be issued a bridging visa which would let you remain in Australia under the same conditions as your 457 while the new application is being processed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My visa was granted today for 18months while my job code is in long term list. I think the reason is because the contract is just 18 months (start up company too).
My question is what happen when the visa is expired? Can I renew it (with contract renewal) at that time with same visa type or at least can continue working while waiting for new visa (with same contract/company)

Thanks all
Have you found any solution?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.