Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am ready to submit the Visa application and just want to double check a few things.

I checked the medical requirement and as I am from a low risk country I do not think I need an actual medical. (German living in London for 10 years - no travel to any high risk countries). Is this correct?

I do not need a police check. Is that correct? ( I will get one done anyways for my PR application)

I do not need to take the language test as I will be earning more than 85k dollars. Correct?

I will have evidence from Cardiff Uni that I have three degrees all taught in English for over 5 years

I will be providing:
My CV
My birth certificate
Proof of health insurance
Previous employer reference
Degree certificates from Cardiff Uni
Proof of more than 5 years continuous education in English
Professional memberships
Passport photo

I will not be providing:
Police check
Medical
Language test

Am I missing something? It all seems too easy...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, Patric:

My mate from Malaysia learned English as a child, studied engineering in the US (Uni of Illinois) and spoken English better than most of the Aussies in our office - she was still required to take the English exam.

Another mate of mine (born in Brunei, but educated from Year 6 in New Zealand) was still required to take the English exam when she migrated to Australia.

So, it may be a requirement regardless of how many years you have studied in an English heavy environment.

Just thought I'd share.

Good luck!

:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
As per my experience with 457 in 2008, I was not required to take the english exam. My immigration agent at the time advised the following :
"You will not be required to undertake an English test as part of your temporary subclass 457 visa. You are exempt from this criteria due to the level of your occupation and qualifications."

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Patric,
Yeah, you're right. You are exempt from the English language requirement if your base salary is over AUD85090 pa.
A police clearance is not always requested. A range of factors are considered when determining if the clearance is required.

Cheers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.