Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for 457 Visa for me and my family while I was in Australia alone and my family was overseas and now I am on Bridging B Visa with my family overseas.
can our visa be granted while we are overseas ?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I applied for 457 Visa for me and my family while I was in Australia alone and my family was overseas and now I am on Bridging B Visa with my family overseas.
can our visa be granted while we are overseas ?
Yes, your 457 visa can be granted while you are outside Australia.

If you applied for the visa outside Australia , you should definitely remain offshore, unless you have a substantive visa. Otherwise you will be subject to schedule 3 requirements.

If you did not have a substantive visa and were on a bridging visa in Australia when you lodged the sc. 457 visa application, you would have needed to satisfy schedule 3 criteria at time of application.

Other than that, you can be onshore or offshore.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, your 457 visa can be granted while you are outside Australia. if you were on a bridging visa when you applied for the sc. 457 visa, you should definitely remain offshore. Otherwise you will be subject to schedule 3 requirements.

If not, you can be onshore or offshore.
sorry can you clarify more please what you mean by if you were on a bridging visa when you applied for the sc. 457 visa, you should definitely remain offshore ??

thanks on advance

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
sorry can you clarify more please what you mean by if you were on a bridging visa when you applied for the sc. 457 visa, you should definitely remain offshore ??

thanks on advance
Sorry, let me rephrase this.

If you were outside Australia when you lodged the sc. 457 visa and you are in Australia at the time of decision and not the holder of a substantive visa you will be subject to schedule 3 criteria.

457.221A
If the applicant was outside Australia at the time of making their application, but i
  • inside Australia at the time of the decision on the application:
  • if the applicant does not hold a substantive visa at the time of the decision on the application:
  • the applicant satisfies Schedule 3 criteria 3003, 3004 and 3005.

If you did not have a substantive visa and were on a bridging visa in Australia when you lodged the sc. 457 visa application, you would have needed to satisfy schedule 3 criteria at time of application.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, let me rephrase this.

If you were outside Australia when you lodged the sc. 457 visa and you are in Australia at the time of decision and not the holder of a substantive visa you will be subject to schedule 3 criteria.

457.221A
If the applicant was outside Australia at the time of making their application, but i
  • inside Australia at the time of the decision on the application:
  • if the applicant does not hold a substantive visa at the time of the decision on the application:
  • the applicant satisfies Schedule 3 criteria 3003, 3004 and 3005.

Thanks a lot
so my situation was as the following i was on visitor visa alone in Australia and then i applied for 457 Visa for me and my family which means i was onshore and my family offshore then i granted Bridging A Visa after that i asked for permission to travel and granted Bridging B Visa then i traveled to Egypt so the situation now is that i am in Egypt on Bridging B Visa so what I understood from your answer yes Visa can be granted for me and my family while I am on Egypt is that correct ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.