Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

We just had a 457 visa application approved in 5 business days, so I thought I'd share some info for others who need a 457 visa urgently.

After lodgment you can email [email protected] to request priority processing, using the keywords 'Priority processing request' in the subject. The current 'guidelines' for priority processing are:

• Claims of large-scale contracts/projects with imminent deadlines - evidence must be provided

• Applications from sponsors/positions in a remote location

• Nominations where the nominee is already a subclass 457 visa holder (i.e. change of employer nominations) - These applications are auto-allocated after 2 calendar days from lodgement

Our client's business case did not expressly fall within the above dotpoints, however the Department still considered that it fell within their 'guidelines'. We also front-loaded the application by providing police checks.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That’s great! I am on 457 approved before April 2017. I just submitted my de facto partners forms with supporting documents like travel, financial and social proofs. He’s a software engineer currently interviewing with companies in Sydney. Do you think I can request for priority process request if he gets a job contract right away?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, new to the forum. My current employer has found out about my intention to immigrate and has now made my position redundant meaning I will be unemployed come month end. Will this be enough evidence for requesting priority processing. Application submitted in December.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everyone

We just had a 457 visa application approved in 5 business days, so I thought I'd share some info for others who need a 457 visa urgently.

After lodgment you can email [email protected] to request priority processing, using the keywords 'Priority processing request' in the subject. The current 'guidelines' for priority processing are:

• Claims of large-scale contracts/projects with imminent deadlines - evidence must be provided

• Applications from sponsors/positions in a remote location

• Nominations where the nominee is already a subclass 457 visa holder (i.e. change of employer nominations) - These applications are auto-allocated after 2 calendar days from lodgement

Our client's business case did not expressly fall within the above dotpoints, however the Department still considered that it fell within their 'guidelines'. We also front-loaded the application by providing police checks.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.
Hi Lisa,
How are you?

Thanks for the information.

I think my case fits the above circumstances. If I have to ask my lawyers to apply for priority processing, what kind of documents I would need to produce. And are there additional charges for priority processing?

Regards.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the useful info. I got my priority processing request accepted on March 26, but no reply till now, its 12 days by today. Has anyone come across anything similar? If there's a document missing wouldn't they reply or even reject. Giving no reply is a negative or a positive sign, I cant figure? Someone know any such case enlighten me please...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the useful info. I got my priority processing request accepted on March 26, but no reply till now, its 12 days by today. Has anyone come across anything similar? If there's a document missing wouldn't they reply or even reject. Giving no reply is a negative or a positive sign, I cant figure? Someone know any such case enlighten me please...
Hi Waitash,
Does the application status changes when your priority processing request is accepted?
Also I am currently working on 457 visa and have applied dependent visa for my wife on Feb 9th 2018. Can I request for priority processing for dependent application.
Please guide my friends .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Waitash,
Does the application status changes when your priority processing request is accepted?
Also I am currently working on 457 visa and have applied dependent visa for my wife on Feb 9th 2018. Can I request for priority processing for dependent application.
Please guide my friends .
No nothing changes in application status. I just receive mail saying its in priority queue.
Priority requests are usually declined for dependent application. There are so many people in the forum who applied for dependents on grounds of emotional reasons like celebrating wedding anniversary together, babies waiting to be with moms and so on. The department usually rejects personal reasons, it has to be business case they say. But there are people who got their requests rejected yet got their visas in few more weeks from that. So there's no reason why you shouldn't give it a try. At least they take up your application for this and they may pass it if its assessment ready. So go ahead and try. All the best.
My priority was accepted a month ago and no replies, so its anyway no big deal getting a acceptance like this:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.