Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond, if you do.

I have recently applied for a 457. The application was submitted on 02 March along with my English test and medical test results. The nomination was approved yesterday 05 March.

Next we need to submit police clearance certificates. I have submitted certificates for RSA and UAE but am not able to get one for Indonesia. I have been living here for the past two years on social / visitor visas.

The Indonesian police have given me a letter (in Bahasa Indonesia) stating that I cannot get a PCC due to insufficient documentation i.e. letter from a company and work permit.

I'm really worried that this is going to throw a spanner in the works.

Has anyone had any similar experience?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Have you been asked by your case officer to provide the police checks yet? Some countries require that written request document in order to provide the police check and possibly Indonesia needs that first. If this isn't the case, perhaps providing the letter you were given by the Indonesian police will be sufficient.

·
Registered
34 Posts
reply for Police clearance query

Hi Missylloyd,

From my experience submitting my clients' police clearances, I can say that as long as you provided an official letter from the Indonesian police, it should be fine.
If the Department of Home Affairs won't find this suitable/enough, they will send you a request for further information and specify precisely what they want you to provide from the Indonesian Police.

Hope you find this information useful!

Moran

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses guys. That makes me feel a little more at ease.

I've written a Statutory Declaration, which I'll get witnessed by a notary from the Australian Embassy. Hope that's enough.

Thanks once again for taking the time to respond to my message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.