Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am on a 457 visa and have been working for over 1 month. I want to change my employer and found a new employer who is willing and have the business sponsorship to nominate me for the same position but with bit higher salary.

1) -Can the new employer lodge the nomination forms while I am still working for current employer.
2) -Can I wait for the nominations to be approved with new employer before giving resignation notice to my current employer.
3) -Is there is any chance the DIAC will penalize me when applying for PR, if I change my employer after 5 months.
4) -Under what circumstances I am eligible to change my employer.

could you please help me. I am in a terrible situation.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Might want to be very careful, the 457's have been removed and replaced with a new type.

Transitional conditions seem not clear yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure. l am aware of that. Has the TSS started yet?. because hey, my conditions are bad that even one day at work is very hard( 13hours) non stop work in a difficult environment. l even thought of going back where l came from

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Sure. l am aware of that. Has the TSS started yet?. because hey, my conditions are bad that even one day at work is very hard( 13hours) non stop work in a difficult environment. l even thought of going back where l came from
TSS has started. I am in the process of finding out what arrangements there are for sc. 457 visa holders who want to change sponsors and will post here when things are a bit clearer. Maybe one of the other RMAs here already know ? Mark, Jeremy, Wesley?

In the meantime, read this:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/workplace-rights

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
That's very illegal.

P.M. me if you want to expand on that.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
It is my understanding that someone on a 457 visa can work for a new sponsor in the same occupation and that only a a new TSS nomination is required. you can't start working for the new employer until the new nomination has been approved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.