Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with related to the 461 visa.

A bit of background:
I am 18 years old and from Denmark and I am married to my 19 year old new zealand husband. We met on the internet in 2014 whereas he then came to stay in my country for a year and we now live in sydney in an apartment. We are in the process of getting all the documents ready and after calling the migration SEVERAL times i thought you guys could help me better than they could.

1: in the checklist it does not say anything about statutory declarations yet I know that each partner has to write a statement about the history of our relationship, financial aspects, nature of household etc. yet can this be done by using the statutory declaration template from the border.gov.au website?
I believe it is called partner visa statuatory decleration (applicant) and also another for sponsor and it has all those fields that are mentioned in the partner migration booklet 1

2. In the statuatory decleration for partner visas it is required you write the details of two witnesses that agree on doing a verbal statement or a written statement that your relationship is legit - does this mean i do not have to send in two 888 forms, or are these also required for the 461 visa even if the witnesses are mentioned in the statutory decleration ?

3: since we are so young we do not have much financial proof other than my boyfriend providing for me. Because of my age i have not been elegible for any kind of work visa until now, which means i do not have income. Will this be a problem?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Sorry mate, I don't personally know much about the application for the 461. I can tell you what the answers would be if you were applying for a regular partner visa (820) but I don't know 100% that the requirements are the same.

1) With the 820 application, if you're applying online, you don't need to write separate statements because the same questions are asked as part of the application. Are you applying for the 461 online? If so, and you see questions that ask essentially the same things (financial aspects of your relationship, household, etc.) it probably works similarly and you don't need to write and upload separate statements.

2) With the 820, you have to list people for this question but also still need to do the Forms 888. If the Forms 888 are required for the 461, I would not assume that filling this question out negates that.

3) The sponsor's income/employment status is not taken into account for the 820. What's important is that you show how your finances are combined (i.e., evidence of him supporting you, for example). I would imagine it's similar for the 461, but can't be sure.

Also, make sure you're referring to him as your partner and not "boyfriend." Partner visas are not for people who are just dating, which is what "boyfriend/girlfriend" terms typically indicate.

Again, take this all with a certain grain of salt, since again, I don't know the specific requirements for the 461.

Reactions: Cheddaffle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thank you so much. The 461 visa can not be done online so I can only do it in paper forms. The reason why i am confused whether or not we need form 888s is because it does not say so in the checklist. It does however say that we both need to write a statement which can be in the form of a statutory declaration. But thank you so much anyway!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.