Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a NZ citizen and my partner is from the UK. We applied for the 461 visa in November 2017 and he was granted the bridging visa in mid November, which came into affect on Jan 10 2018 when his working holiday visa officially ended.
We are yet to hear any news further than the Bridging visa being granted.

In April 2018 my partner landed his dream job, a position he was chosen for after a lengthy interview process and the successful applicant over 100 other candidates. This job is what my partner has been working toward after over 10 years in the industry.
We are worried because given he has to abide by the restrictions of his working holiday visa whilst we wait, he is not allowed to work for the same employer for more than 6 months.

Has anyone successfully filled out the 1445 form to request working for the same employer longer than 6 months? It says on the form it may be granted to extend for days or weeks longer but not months, but my partner wants to stay in this job long term and will do so if his visa is approved.
Can someone please give us advice on this?

His line of work is construction and the role is a project manager for a shopfitting company. He works on multiple different projects at any one time, could this be seen as a special circumstance to help his case in staying longer than the 6 months?

Any help is appreciated!

Louise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.