Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm a NZ citizen working in AU under SCV(subclass 444) and I'm planning to let my fiancee (currently in China) apply for a 461 visa to work and stay in Australia once we get married in a few weeks.

I have a few questions regarding the proof of relationship, since we don't actually have a joint bank account/mortgage/property/lease/utility bills, and when we apply after we get married, our marriage certificate would have only been issued for a short period of time (maybe even only a week). Will this have a negative influence on the visa application?

I do have flight email confirmations over several years with both our names travelling to places like Puerto Rico, Boston and China. My credit card has her as an authorized user, and our cat's registration certificate (US registered) has both our names and I'll add her to as a beneficiary of my life insurance from my super. Besides these it seems all I can provide are photos.
Do you guys think these are sufficient?

I've tried talking to migration agents but they charge ridiculous amounts just for document checking (~$800 AUD) without being responsible for filing the application.

Also, during the pending 3 month period of processing the visa, is it possible for my fiancee to come to Australia via a tourist visa? Or will it cause issues in the 461 application process?

Appreciate any help!
Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there

I am currently getting all my docs ready to submit my application (my fiance is kiwi, im welsh) We are not married, we did think of doing it but even when married you still have to provide proof of relationship.

Also, if the visa is applied for outside of australia then then applicant has to outside australia when granted. The same goes that if your in australia when submitted than you have to be here when its granted.

Also, as immigration will know she has applied for a partner visa, entering on a tourist visa may be a problem as it is a 'tourist' visa and they take it very seriously, ie that the visa you apply for is the one you need for your circumstances. So technically she could apply for a tourist visa (or get electric one of arrival if she is from a certian country) but she may experience problems at the airport.

Its just one of those things, you wont know until you try it. Applications could take upto 6 months for 461 visa so bear in mind if she is out of the country when you apply she might not be able to come back until visa is granted which is a horrible thought, being apart for so long.

I also don't have heaps of proof for our relationship. Like you, we have many airplane tickets in both our names, and although we have a joint bank here and in UK we dont actually have money coming in and going out of the account. We are relying on photo's and letters from family and friends in uk and new zealand, along with the required 2 stat decs from 2 ozzy citizens.

I hope this helps you. I know what its like when your trying to find answers to your questions but can't find them!! Any other questions feel free to ask me.

Oh, just another thing, we decided against going with an immi agent as the cost is ridiculous!! I also believe as long as we get enough documents together it should be ok.

Fingers crossed :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.