Australia Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
No news no contact at all

Hi. Just wondering if you have any more news on this. I'm in the same situation. Did you leave the section blank where it asks for the details of the New Zealand citizen on the 147 form?

I'm now on my second bridging visa B so I can leave the country to visit family.
Fourteen months since applying,
not good news to hear how long it's been for you but then again good to know I'm not alone wondering what's going on!
It's very unsettling waiting. Hoping to hear good news from someone on the forum soon

Hi Bec and Ange, it's a similar story for me.
My original visa arrived within a couple of weeks in 2011 but the renewal has been lodged for over a year now.
Application was sent to the Sydney office last June.
My relationship has broken down, with no contact and I had no current address or paperwork for my kiwi ex girlfriend.
I don't know if she is still in Australia. I advised of this on the form and had previously informed immigration of the relationship breakdown and my subsequent change of address.

It's a difficult visa to get much information on and I haven't met anyone else on it so it's good to see others in the same situation. I'll update when I get any information
Thanks Vin
Hey mate. Any update on your situation? I'm in the same boat.
Ex-wife was kiwi. We divorced a couple of years ago. I applied 17 months ago for a renewal. We don't have any contact at all. She lives in New Zealand now.
Hi,
Wondering if you have heard back from immigration office? Just checked the 461 visa eligibility and couldn't find anything like renewal for current visa holders!! I believe there has to be a change... Desperately seeking for some clues..
I just checked and it still says "Extend your stay: You can apply for another New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461)."

From what I understand it's not really a renewal but just doing the whole application again. Got four years left on my first one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry I didn't fully answer the question. I did put my ex's name and date of birth. I noted that we have no contact so I do not have her address or passport details etc. I'm hoping that will be sufficient. I don't know how else to get evidence of someone that's not around anymore.

No news no contact at all

Hi. Just wondering if you have any more news on this. I'm in the same situation. Did you leave the section blank where it asks for the details of the New Zealand citizen on the 147 form?

I'm now on my second bridging visa B so I can leave the country to visit family.
Fourteen months since applying,
not good news to hear how long it's been for you but then again good to know I'm not alone wondering what's going on!
It's very unsettling waiting. Hoping to hear good news from someone on the forum soon

Hi Bec and Ange, it's a similar story for me.
My original visa arrived within a couple of weeks in 2011 but the renewal has been lodged for over a year now.
Application was sent to the Sydney office last June.
My relationship has broken down, with no contact and I had no current address or paperwork for my kiwi ex girlfriend.
I don't know if she is still in Australia. I advised of this on the form and had previously informed immigration of the relationship breakdown and my subsequent change of address.

It's a difficult visa to get much information on and I haven't met anyone else on it so it's good to see others in the same situation. I'll update when I get any information
Thanks Vin
Hey mate. Any update on your situation? I'm in the same boat.
Ex-wife was kiwi. We divorced a couple of years ago. I applied 17 months ago for a renewal. We don't have any contact at all. She lives in New Zealand now.
Hi,
Wondering if you have heard back from immigration office? Just checked the 461 visa eligibility and couldn't find anything like renewal for current visa holders!! I believe there has to be a change... Desperately seeking for some clues..
I just checked and it still says "Extend your stay: You can apply for another New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461)."

From what I understand it's not really a renewal but just doing the whole application again. Got four years left on my first one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Angela, any luck with your visa renewal? 🙂 Hope its all sorted out? Do you think applying 2 months prior expiration is good? Cheers
Hey i wonder how it all went? And how did it go lodging 2 months prior to expiry?
Any info/update info would be fab! ☺

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
The update is... At this day I am still waiting for any news! It's been a year and an half
Had one granted today at 27 months ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
My visa expires in February 2024 although sounds like I should think about reapplying sooner rather than later!
I'm no longer in contact with my ex, on your applications did they ask for any further details about the kiwi person or was minimal information fine?

Visa granted for me after 3 years and 3 months

The update is... At this day I am still waiting for any news! It's been a year and an half
Had one granted today at 27 months ...

·
Registered
67 Posts
My visa expires in February 2024 although sounds like I should think about reapplying sooner rather than later!
I'm no longer in contact with my ex, on your applications did they ask for any further details about the kiwi person or was minimal information fine?
I had minimal details of my ex these days, she's married to someone else now. So all I had was the previous into and copies of her passport etc from my original application. Eventually visa was granted after 39 months

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had minimal details of my ex these days, she's married to someone else now. So all I had was the previous into and copies of her passport etc from my original application. Eventually visa was granted after 39 months
Same, all from previous application, didn't have to get anything new from her

21 - 31 of 31 Posts