Australia Forum banner

201 - 220 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
They received mine on 4th July 2017 onshore. You still haven't heard anything? It could be different if you are from a high risk country or if you didn't send in all the required documents. Mine was a low risk country and I sent a decision ready application except for the police cert (because it only lasts 12 months so I didn't want to send it too early and let it expire).
i have sent them a lot of documents and i have been sending them updates also but never received any email from them. i sent them a email today again. they never requested anything not even a case officer have been assigned to my file yet? So annoying

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have sent them a lot of documents and i have been sending them updates also but never received any email from them. i sent them a email today again. they never requested anything not even a case officer have been assigned to my file yet? So annoying
I also never received emails from them even though I sent about 10 asking what the status was. They only answered one time, in February 2019, they said that they were currently processing applications from Feb 2017. After that reply, I stopped contacting them altogether. And then they requested for the police cert in Aug. So I sent a few emails. First I sent more proof of ongoing relationship. Then a few weeks later I sent Australian police cert. Then weeks later Singapore police cert. They didn't reply anything, but they granted the visa within 1.5 months. So silence from them doesn't mean that they forgot about you. Just be patient. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
They received my application on the 3rd July 2017, I was contacted on the 10th September 2019 asking for up to date information, I had 28 days to send it in. I sent in my police checks yesterday and was planning on sending in a whole lot of documents and evidence to cover the last 2 years by the end of the week but they granted my visa today!!! Such a relief. In the 2 and a bit years I was waiting I didn’t have any contact from the office other than when I got granted bridging visas to leave the country. It seems quite a few visas have been granted recently so hopefully that means they are starting to process them a bit faster!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, applied for my 461 Visa 13 June 2018.. approved 03 October 2019... but they refused my 23 year old daughter. even though she is 100% dependent on me as she is studying. anyone who has appealed ?? can I? as the letter said No further assessment of this visa application can be taken?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
applied for my Visa 23 June 2018, case worker assigned 4 September 2019, asked for new Police clearance, and medical checks. I had 21 Days to have this done. on 24 September I was asked for proof of relationship. with photos and joint accounts and assets. On 2 October my Visa was granted. Excluding one of my children. - on the letter it said I cant review her application? and now?? do I just leave my child behind?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,
applied for my Visa 23 June 2018, case worker assigned 4 September 2019, asked for new Police clearance, and medical checks. I had 21 Days to have this done. on 24 September I was asked for proof of relationship. with photos and joint accounts and assets. On 2 October my Visa was granted. Excluding one of my children. - on the letter it said I cant review her application? and now?? do I just leave my child behind?
Hi there. At 23 years of age I think she is too old to be included as a dependent for the 461....From the Immi Australia 461 website..." Usually, your child must be under 23 years old to be included in your application. However, a child over 23 years of age can be included if they are unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations. In this case, please provide information about the physical or cognitive limitations."

Would seem that, if she's just a student and there is no other reason that she would be considered dependent, that she might need her own visa to be able to accompany you. At this stage of your visa journey it might be best to retain the services of someone who can help you make a plan (MARA agent or immigration lawyer).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there. At 23 years of age I think she is too old to be included as a dependent for the 461....From the Immi Australia 461 website..." Usually, your child must be under 23 years old to be included in your application. However, a child over 23 years of age can be included if they are unable to earn a living to support themselves due to physical or cognitive limitations. In this case, please provide information about the physical or cognitive limitations."

Would seem that, if she's just a student and there is no other reason that she would be considered dependent, that she might need her own visa to be able to accompany you. At this stage of your visa journey it might be best to retain the services of someone who can help you make a plan (MARA agent or immigration lawyer).
Sadly we did use a immigration lawyer. and they advise as long as she was under 23 at the time of us lodging, she would be fine. and she was 21 and 6 mth old ath the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all!

(Ive also uploaded this query in a separate thread altogether).

My partner and I are applying for 461 onshore.

In everyone's experience, must all supporting proof of our relationship be physically (printed) sent with the application?

Alternatively, can I send via a USB or have an opportunity to upload documents on the IMMI website after application lodgement?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I sure hope so, thanks for letting us know and congratulations Kate

We applied the same week so I'm hoping for first contact soon!

They received my application on the 3rd July 2017, I was contacted on the 10th September 2019 asking for up to date information, I had 28 days to send it in. I sent in my police checks yesterday and was planning on sending in a whole lot of documents and evidence to cover the last 2 years by the end of the week but they granted my visa today!!! Such a relief. In the 2 and a bit years I was waiting I didn't have any contact from the office other than when I got granted bridging visas to leave the country. It seems quite a few visas have been granted recently so hopefully that means they are starting to process them a bit faster!

·
Registered
15 Posts
How long after case officer requests info?

Hi all,

I applied for my 461 visa in Auckland in April 2019. 11 days ago I was asked by the case officer to provide ongoing evidence of our relationship since April 2019 and a copy of my birth certificate.

I had 28 days to do so. I managed to collect all the evidence they needed and sent the next day. Now just waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know how long it is usually after this kind of contact before the visa is assigned?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

I applied for my 461 visa in Auckland in April 2019. 11 days ago I was asked by the case officer to provide ongoing evidence of our relationship since April 2019 and a copy of my birth certificate.

I had 28 days to do so. I managed to collect all the evidence they needed and sent the next day. Now just waiting to hear back.

Does anyone know how long it is usually after this kind of contact before the visa is assigned?
Did u receive any update @melstark?
It's been 2 weeks now since I submitted all the requested additional relationship evidence and I have heard nothing since. So stressful

·
Registered
65 Posts
Still no contact!

Anyone else had any contact recently?

They received my application on the 3rd July 2017, I was contacted on the 10th September 2019 asking for up to date information, I had 28 days to send it in. I sent in my police checks yesterday and was planning on sending in a whole lot of documents and evidence to cover the last 2 years by the end of the week but they granted my visa today!!! Such a relief. In the 2 and a bit years I was waiting I didn't have any contact from the office other than when I got granted bridging visas to leave the country. It seems quite a few visas have been granted recently so hopefully that means they are starting to process them a bit faster!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Applied beginning of July 2017

I seem to be in the 10%
I'm sorry to hear that! You should be next though!! Keep us updated if you get any good news!

I wonder what the current backlog is, and if the current processing times are putting people off. I applied in 2018, but I think I will leave to go back home before getting my visa (and withdraw my application).

·
Registered
65 Posts
That will be a shame if it happens. Putting in the application is a lot of work.

I think perhaps there's also an amount of people applying without a valid case as they know it will take at least two years before they get refused. Hopefully I'm near the end of the backlog.

I do wonder if it's slower processing for those on 461 who are no longer in the relationship, but there have been people on here in the same situation as me who've had theirs processed so I may be over thinking it!

Applied beginning of July 2017

I seem to be in the 10%
I'm sorry to hear that! You should be next though!! Keep us updated if you get any good news!

I wonder what the current backlog is, and if the current processing times are putting people off. I applied in 2018, but I think I will leave to go back home before getting my visa (and withdraw my application).

·
Registered
10 Posts
That will be a shame if it happens. Putting in the application is a lot of work.

I think perhaps there's also an amount of people applying without a valid case as they know it will take at least two years before they get refused. Hopefully I'm near the end of the backlog.

I do wonder if it's slower processing for those on 461 who are no longer in the relationship, but there have been people on here in the same situation as me who've had theirs processed so I may be over thinking it!
Did you apply onshore, in Sydney or Melbourne? My understanding it that it takes longer here, and it has probably nothing to do with no longer being in the relationship.

My case is really straightforward (married for years, children, both me and my husband well qualified, healthy, enough savings...) but it does not seem to help. I feel frustrated to see that offshore applications seem to be processed much faster.

That is annoying if people apply just to get the BVA and stay longer... anyway I have lost hope. It will probably be another year before they process all the remaining 2017 applications, and start on the 2018.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys! I applied onshore on 7 Sep 2017, right now at 26 months. Called immigration two weeks ago and the lady checked my application (gave her my application ID) and she can see that it is still “being processed” and they don’t need anything from me at this moment. Have not done medical check or police checks. Basically nothing since I applied. My case is straightforward, received the visa when I was 15 (stepfather is Kiwi) so see no reason for them to deny. Just don’t understand why it’s taking forever and it’s not good news if some people who applied few months before me is not approved yet. Them increasing it to 26-28 months is very discouraging too. Was hoping I could get my visa before Xmas but now not too sure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the update.

What number did you call?

Hi guys! I applied onshore on 7 Sep 2017, right now at 26 months. Called immigration two weeks ago and the lady checked my application (gave her my application ID) and she can see that it is still "being processed" and they don't need anything from me at this moment. Have not done medical check or police checks. Basically nothing since I applied. My case is straightforward, received the visa when I was 15 (stepfather is Kiwi) so see no reason for them to deny. Just don't understand why it's taking forever and it's not good news if some people who applied few months before me is not approved yet. Them increasing it to 26-28 months is very discouraging too. Was hoping I could get my visa before Xmas but now not too sure.

201 - 220 of 259 Posts