Australia Forum banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Has anyone noticed the updated processing times?

75% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.
90% of applications: Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

Does this mean they're processing more?
Probably the opposite.

When they say "Unavailable due to low volume of applications.", I feel they really mean "Unavailable due to low volume of grants".

They have used the same wording for subclass 300 visa times, where they appear to have suspended grants during the COVID-19 period.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have sent them a lot of documents and i have been sending them updates also but never received any email from them. i sent them a email today again. they never requested anything not even a case officer have been assigned to my file yet? So annoying
We submitted ours via the designated visa collection centre offshore Sept 2019. Only the offshore centre acknowledged the receipt but nothing from the Dept. While we understand it will be a long wait but a bit worried if it arrived safely. Could you be so kind to tell us which email address you sent your enquirers to?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That post was a while ago and I'm not sure whether any email addresses are used any more.

You're having better luck than us though - we still haven't had acknowledgement of receipt. We rang the general number today to see if the application had been uploaded into the system, the call centre person still couldn't find any record of it. She said that under normal circumstances (ie if it weren't for COVID) we should have had acknowledgement within a couple of weeks of it being received.... it's been over three months now.

The payment in the Immiaccount hasn't been claimed either. Now not sure whether to re-apply or wait. So bloody annoying !

·
Registered
6 Posts
That post was a while ago and I'm not sure whether any email addresses are used any more.

You're having better luck than us though - we still haven't had acknowledgement of receipt. We rang the general number today to see if the application had been uploaded into the system, the call centre person still couldn't find any record of it. She said that under normal circumstances (ie if it weren't for COVID) we should have had acknowledgement within a couple of weeks of it being received.... it's been over three months now.

The payment in the Immiaccount hasn't been claimed either. Now not sure whether to re-apply or wait. So bloody annoying !
At least u can login into your immiaccount to check whenever you want. Payment in the immiaccount can serve as some breadcrumbs tracing to your application progress. However, the receipt acknowledgement we got was from this end only. A lot could have happened from HK to arriving to the Dept. in Oz. Submission through paper form really sucks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Please could somebody help me? I am applying for a 461 visa, my partner (meant to be husband from tomorrow but coronavirus hit...) anyway, he is a dual UK/NZ national and I am UK - we both currently live in the UK. I have completed all the paperwork and have the attachments but where do i send it to and for the attention of who? Thank you so much to anyone who can help me with this!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks

Australian High Commission
Australia House
Strand
London WC2B 4LA

If you're sending it by courier it should go here instead:

Australian High Commission
Attention - Department of Home Affairs
Suite 100
43 Bedford Street
London WC2E 9HA

Ah - thank you very much. I wasn't sure out of the two which to go for but that makes sense!

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I guess at this stage everyone has just given up on ever getting an onshore renewal? Seems like it should be illegal to just stop processing this visa. How are they ever going to catch up.on the 3+ year backlog?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wanders into this thread....has a look around at the numbers....shakes head!

Starting the process now so thanks for the great information that I have seen so far.

I hope I am not still here in 3 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was contacted by my case officer last May for my police clearance and medical. I submitted the requirements last June. But still now nothing has been granted for my visa.

Right now, they moved the processing in Fiji not in Auckland anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This visa is meant for an eligible member of New Zealand citizen who is not a New Zealand citizen but is either; the main applicant’s spouse or de facto partner, or the main applicant’s child, or their partner’s child, who is not engaged, married or in a de facto relationship and is aged under 18 years. If at the time of lodging the application, the applicant is onshore he/she needs to have a substantive visa. If he/she does not hold a substantive visa, he/she will need to show that this was beyond his/her control. If the applicant is offshore, he/she is able to apply for the subclass 461 without needing to hold another type of visa first. Applicants for this visa must meet character and health requirements among others. With this visa once approved, the applicant can live, work and study in Australia for five (5) years from the date of grant of visa, travel to and from Australia as many times as they like while the visa is valid, and include members of their family unit in their application. This visa can be re-applied if the applicant wishes to stay longer in Australia.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone tried calling Immigration about processing times? I’m currently into month 24 and at my wits end.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone tried calling Immigration about processing times? I'm currently into month 24 and at my wits end.
it would appear that this is another visa not currently being processed.
on the official page "https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/new-zealand-citizen-family-relationship-temporary-461"
it says
75% of applications: Processing times are not available
90% of applications: Processing times are not available

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just called immigration to enquire about wether it is being processed or not. Very unhelpful. Basically told me I just have to wait.

Why is it that this visa is the only one where you can’t apply online? And other visas are being processed?

Very frustrating given that Australia and New Zealand are supposed to have such a close relationship

·
Registered
44 Posts
The special relationship is only between Australian and New Zealand Citizens. Even permanent residents of New Zealand require a visa to come to Australia.
As for other visas being approved, the only ones I have seen approved recently are partner visas for Australian Citizens and Permanent residents, and they seem to be in no hurry to issue them.
Even Prospective Marriage visas for Australian Citizens and Permanent residents are not being processed.
Everyone just has to wait, unfortunately I can't see things improving in a hurry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone

If anyone is looking at timelines, I applied in November 2017 and have just finally received contact this week asking for more information.

It’s been about 36 months of waiting

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey everyone

If anyone is looking at timelines, I applied in November 2017 and have just finally received contact this week asking for more information.

It's been about 36 months of waiting
I applied 39 months ago and just last week got an email with a query. First email since I applied apart from bridging visa grants

·
Registered
22 Posts
Applied July 2018 and finally got an email asking for updated police checks etc. hopefully approval is around the corner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts