Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, please could someone give me some information on the 461 Visa. I am a English citizen & have been in Australia for 5 years, for the past 3 years I have been on a 461 visa but the relationship with the NZ citizen has broken down. I have been working in Marketing with the same company for three years & they have offered to sponsor me or help me to get a permanent visa, except I really don't know if its possible or what I would need to ask them for. When the 461 visa expires I will have been in Australia for 7 years & I think its better that I get a permanent visa sooner rather than later. Is it possible to change from a 461 temp visa to a PR visa? & what would I need to do? Many Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Hi there, please could someone give me some information on the 461 Visa. I am a English citizen & have been in Australia for 5 years, for the past 3 years I have been on a 461 visa but the relationship with the NZ citizen has broken down. I have been working in Marketing with the same company for three years & they have offered to sponsor me or help me to get a permanent visa, except I really don't know if its possible or what I would need to ask them for. When the 461 visa expires I will have been in Australia for 7 years & I think its better that I get a permanent visa sooner rather than later. Is it possible to change from a 461 temp visa to a PR visa? & what would I need to do? Many Thanks.
Yes it is possible, provided you meet the necessary criteria. There are a number of possible pathways. You are also able to apply for another 461 visa, provided you have not entered a new relationship.

It would make sense to speak to an RMA about your specific circumstances to work out the best strategy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.