Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a fantastic job. Living in Perth on a 462 visa. I'm not sure how I'm going to keep the job and also leave to work for 3 months north of the tropic of capricorn to extend the visa for 1 more year.

Additionally after that I dont know what I'm going to do.

My immigration lawyer suggested going to school but it seemed like he was getting paid to get me to go to school and didn't really care about me.

I've looked at the skilled migration list and all of them seem like things I wouldn't enjoy. I've also heard that if you dont get into hospital work, social work, or accounting you won't get permanent residence. Even though other things are on the list.

Most random aussies I talk to say to just get married. I don't like the thought of marrying someone for a visa.

I hate america and dont want to go back. If I cant figure this out I'm going to pick a random english speaking country and go there next. But I absolutely love australia and I've never been this happy or successful in my life.

What do I do?

Update:
I have no education or qualifications. My work experience is crap. I worked at Uber and Amazon delivery in america and thats it. Here in Australia I got a security license certificate 2 for crowd control and normal security. And I just started work. I have 7 months left on my visa.

The only thing I can think to do is fly out to northern territory. Work the 3 months and get the 2nd year extension (im assuming I can get the 2nd year???). Then work for the second year. Then go to school for something I would want to do and cross my fingers I find a wife.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Your options depend on your personal circumstances, abilities, formal qualifications and work experience.

I suggest you find yourself a reputable registered migration agent who will explain your options to you.

Reactions: BatmanEli

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking of skipping the 88 days in Northern Australia and applying for a student visa to start school in january. Its going to be very difficult to survive off 20 hours of work per week though.

How likely is it that I will get permanent residence after completing a skill thats on the skill list? I've seen a lot of mixed posts on here.

I really don't want to do accounting but I will if I have to.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I'm thinking of skipping the 88 days in Northern Australia and applying for a student visa to start school in january. Its going to be very difficult to survive off 20 hours of work per week though.

How likely is it that I will get permanent residence after completing a skill thats on the skill list? I've seen a lot of mixed posts on here.

I really don't want to do accounting but I will if I have to.
You can't rely to survive on the 40 hr per fortnight you are allowed to work on a student visa. You must have sufficient funds without it.

You should not base your choice of course on a potential migration outcome. The occupation you choose may no longer be an eligible occupation by the time you complete your studies. Furthermore post- qualification work experience is required for all employer sponsored and skilled visas.

I suggest you get that second WHV to give yourself more time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.