Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting a 476 visa, and I applied for it in Jan. I am currently in Australia on a WHV, but I need to be offshore for the 476 to be granted. I have been contacted by the immigration department in relation to the 476, asking for an offshore travel itinerary so they can grant. All my other documents have been uploaded. I uploaded my flight itinerary in May for going offshore for three weeks in July.

My question is whether the visa is likely to be granted in that three week window, (i.e. because someone assigned to my case can just open it up and grant it, knowing that I'm offshore) or whether nobody actually follows my case and as such I need to go offshore and then stay offshore until the 476 is granted?

Thanks a lot for any help!

·
Registered
933 Posts
If they have asked you to go offshore so they can grant the visa, then they are in a position to do so and it will likely happen quite quickly once you leave.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Department response

Hi paulhand,

Thanks for your quick response!

You're right, and in fact the department emailed me today to say my 476 visa will be granted the day I leave the country.

If anyone else is in my position in future, I hope this provides you some level of comfort.

My experience was: I applied for a WHV and 476 visa in December 2018. I'm from the UK which I think makes the process a bit easier for the department (no health or English proficiency exams needed). I came to Australia on the WHV in March 2019. In early May, I was asked for an itinerary of when I will be offshore. I uploaded the itinerary within the 28 day time limit, showing I had bought plane tickets departing on July 17th and returning early August, so plenty of time for the department to see and process this.

Almost two months later (end of June) I sent an email to the department asking if I'm required to go offshore indefinitely in order to simply wait until the visa is granted, or if the three week window I had provided them was sufficient.

They replied about a week later that it will be granted the day I leave Australia.

So, if you're onshore and awaiting a 476 and are asked for when you're leaving the country, it is extremely likely the department will grant for you in the window you provide them, given they have sufficient time to see this (i.e. probably don't upload an itinerary that shows you leave in two days).

With any luck, my experience will help others to relax :D

All the best!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.