Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum helpers

My South African wife's son, has a Graduate 485 visa, after completing his masters' degree in Australia.
He worked for a time as an English teacher. He now owns and operates a cafe in a regional area of Queensland, employing six locals.

I've checked the Home Affairs website for info about applying for PR while on a 485, but there doesn't seem to be a pathway.

What options does he have?
He is 33, single and a South African citizen, on a South African passport.

If you have any info, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
He needs to look at whether he can apply for a subclass 189, 190, or 489 visa. These visas are based on occupation. He also needs to see whether Queensland may sponsor his application. He would be wise to consult with an experienced Registered Migration Agent to review his circumstances in depth and see what might be available to him.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He needs to look at whether he can apply for a subclass 189, 190, or 489 visa. These visas are based on occupation. He also needs to see whether Queensland may sponsor his application. He would be wise to consult with an experienced Registered Migration Agent to review his circumstances in depth and see what might be available to him.
Thanks Jeremy

That's a great help and gives us some direction.

We'll follow this through.

Thanks again, Philip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.