Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have one term left on my adv dip of Business Management, sponsorship may have just fallen through at my company!! When applying for the 485 visa, would the bridging visa allow me to have full-time working hours since i have finished my 2 year study course, secondly how long would it be likely to take to be granted. I would be applying for a marketing analysts role, have a degree BSc Econ hons form a UK uni and relevant work experience. i'm in a quandary as to really pursue sponsorship with my present employer or go for the 485 visa which would then give me more flexibility to find a more fulfilling sydney CBD sales/marketing role. Apologies for this extensive query into my situation but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
i have one term left on my adv dip of Business Management, sponsorship may have just fallen through at my company!! When applying for the 485 visa, would the bridging visa allow me to have full-time working hours since i have finished my 2 year study course, secondly how long would it be likely to take to be granted. I would be applying for a marketing analysts role, have a degree BSc Econ hons form a UK uni and relevant work experience. i'm in a quandary as to really pursue sponsorship with my present employer or go for the 485 visa which would then give me more flexibility to find a more fulfilling sydney CBD sales/marketing role. Apologies for this extensive query into my situation but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If 485 is Tommy's ID code, it could well be his next assigned mission.
But for now looking at my global networking screen I need the co-ordinates of your position to activate the extraction team Jason.

Taking a bit of a stab, the team could go to wrong pick-up and so would be right to assume that with the sponsorship falling through, you have been on an employer sponsorship visa and have decided to be doing some studying part-time or whatever!
Give us a bit of a clearer picture and and a comment more than a guess could be forthcoming.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1) A bridging visa from a student visa to a subclass 485 visa would have unlimited work rights for the primary applicant if the course has been completed;

2) 485 processing will vary but approximately 6 months;

3) The 485 will give you the time to find a good employer and sponsor as the 485 is a 18 months unrestricted visa.

Be mindful that the 485 can be tricky as there are many changes that have affected this subclass.

Raul T Senise Registered Australian Migration Agent, MARA No. 0636699
Home

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I was just thrown jimjl as to whether you are actually on a student visa as the statement
sponsorship may have just fallen through at my company!!
is lets say interesting! for it kind of implied to me the possibility that you may have had employer sponsorship.
If so you may have been also studying while you were sponsored.
But without that being clear, yep Mission Impossible it can be
If on the other hand you are on a student visa and the 485 is an option for you, that's another matter - 18 months btw for a 485 - Visa Options - Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.