Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Vipul Kapadia.
I have just completed master of public health and my visa is expiring on 31st january. I am about to lodge my 485 visa today but my PTE english language exam date is 15th feb and my pervious test result is more than 3 years old. So can i apply without english test and can attach later on? Or do i have to lodge the application again after giving PTE? Please help me out. Thank you .

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
If you apply without meeting the English language requirement at the time of application (a qualifying band score in a test undertaken within the three years before the day on which the application was made, or hold a passport of a specified type) you will be refused a visa.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The relevant regulation is:

The application was accompanied by evidence that:

(a) the applicant:

(i) has undertaken a language test specified by the Minister in a legislative instrument made for this paragraph; and

(ii) has achieved, within the period specified by the Minister in the instrument, the score specified by the Minister in the instrument in accordance with the requirements (if any) specified by the Minister in the instrument;

So, no language test, no visa. Suggest that you depart Australia immediately and return on a visitor visa and lodge after you have done your test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. I have also received an advice from another agent who told me to apply for a visitor visa while i am in Australia and then apply for 485 visa after getting the english test done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello ,
I have received a visitor visa refusal and now have 21 days to review the application and 35 days of bridging visa A. Is there any chance if i can apply for 485 post study visa in this period? My student visa was expired on 31st january.

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
If you were refused a visitor visa (or any visa) since last entering Australia and you do not hold a substantive visa, you cannot lodge a valid 485 application.

You should have taken Jeremy's advice and you should not have tried a Do It Yourself application; if that is what you did.

You have no chance of having the refusal decision reviewed before your eligibility for a 485 visa expires.

One visitor visa refusal often leads to another visa refusal, especially for applicant's form so-called ‘risk countries'.

If you cannot leave Australia and obtain a visa that lets you return and does not have condition 8503 imposed, you might be well advised to contact a registered migration agent for an assessment of whether there are other visa strategies open to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.