Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My student visa expires on 30th june 2017
The problem is that i am on my final semester and will get my result only by atleast 26th of june..my coe states 30th of jume as my final date of enrolment.

It takes anothwr 3 weeks for the completion letter to arrive.

My question is..... can i apply for 485 visa on 30th june ?? And upload the completion letter?? Will that be alright?
One of my friend had a similar problem .. and applied for the visa anyway and hot it approved..

I am worried because some threads in this fourum has stated that if i apply prior to my
Official completion date on the completion letter i could be in trouble!!!
Since i wouldnt know the official completion date on the completion letter before applying visa i am worried about this...

And secoundly what if the official completion date is past 30th of june??

Please help!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
What stream (Graduate or Post study work) are you going to apply? Also, when is your visa going to end?

Note that for subclass 485, date of completion (DOC) is important. This means date on which the results of final exams or notice of completion of the course were available or published. Therefore, if your result is published on the 26th June, this becomes the DOC. Policy suggests evidencing DOC could be notification of final exam results:

in a letter to the applicant
on the Internet
in a newspaper or
on the education institution’s bulletin board

Considering that processing time for 485 varies from 69 to 76 days depending on the stream, you should have sufficient time to provide your completion letter, in case it is all too important for you to lodge a visa on 30th June.

NB: If you are in Graduate stream, you may have to get skills assessed from relevant assessing authority as well.

Regards

Nipun Jain
MARN: 1790585

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much!!

Hi nipun
Thank you for the reply!! I am so relieved!!

I am applying for post study visa if my final result date is the DOC then i guess i am safe... i will have 4 days left to apply...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone

I am also facing similar problem. My wife is studying nursing and her last day of placement is on 27th of August and our current student visa expires on 31st of August. We I don't think University will provide me course completion letter in that short time frame. I am really worried what should I do for transition from student 573 to 485 post study work with only 4 days in hand. Can someone please help me out? Will really appreciate your advice.

Thanks
Prajwal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello nipun

If you could be kind enough to advice me on the date that i have to apply for my visa?

Quick facts

Applying 485 direct stream ..i am eligible... final result to be published on 26th or 27th of june 2017 and coe expires on 30th june 2017..studentvisa expires on 30th june as well.. my question is.. what is the deadline date for applying my 485 visa.

Thank you so much..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello nipun

If you could be kind enough to advice me on the date that i have to apply for my visa?

Quick facts

Applying 485 direct stream ..i am eligible... final result to be published on 26th or 27th of june 2017 and coe expires on 30th june 2017..studentvisa expires on 30th june as well.. my question is.. what is the deadline date for applying my 485 visa.

Thank you so much..
You will need to apply for 485 within 6 months of your nominated course completion date. Now that your visa will expire on 30th June, an ideal situation would be to apply 485 before the visa expiry date so as to be granted a bridging visa to continue staying and working in Australia. Applying onshore after your visa has expired (30th june in your case) will lead to a lot of complications. Get a migration agent to ensure you do not bungle your application up in haste.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Do not apply before your official completion date.

To apply you do not need your completion letter, but you must know the date that will be on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.