Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Sir/Madam:

I completed my Master of Accounting from UTS 5 years ago and I left Australia to help my father's business. Now I came back to Australia to study one year business diploma.I will finish very soon. I am wondering if I can apply 485 visa by using my Master of professional accounting ( Even I studied 5 years ago) and my current diploma of Business. The total study time will be of 3 years.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mohammad Jabed

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Mohammad,

You are describing a situation where you hold your masters in Accounting graduated five years ago while studying a diploma in Business.

To tick all the 485 Post-Study Work stream requirements, you must prove that you graduated your course six months before applying for the 485 visa
In your situation, it would be considered Ineligible to apply for the 485 visa based on your Diploma, and you also miss the six months requirement because you graduated the Master's five years ago.

According to the Migration Regulations in a situation of two years of a Master Degree followed by a Graduate Diploma: the student would have to meet the Australian study requirement using the Master Degree only. If the Master Degree was completed within six months before the application for the 485 visa, this qualification could be used to meet the Australian study requirement.

From the way I see it, it looks like you won't be able to rely on your Masters because you graduated beyond the six months of application requirements.

I hope you find this useful.

Regards,

Moran

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.