Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
I have a query related to 887
my wife is on 489 visa as secondary applicant as she applied this visa with her ex husband.
she is fulfilling both work and living requirement.
i am confused about few questions.
- can she apply 887 on her own and her ex husband already applied alone and got his PR.
- can i apply 887 with her as well, i am currently on student visa.
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Based on the limited information provided and in general terms only:

Your wife and her ex-husband can each apply for their own 887 visa assuming they met the relevant requirements and have met the conditions that applied to their 489 visas.

You could be included as secondary applicant in your wife's sc. 887 visa application, provided you meet the requirements for the visa and you do not have a "no further stay" condition on your current visa.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your quick reply
We both are living and working in regional area
- can i directly apply 887 with her as i am on student visa or do i need to apply 489 first and then 887
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply
We both are living and working in regional area
- can i directly apply 887 with her as i am on student visa or do i need to apply 489 first and then 887
Thanks
You have to be added to the sc. 489 visa as a subsequent applicant first, as you are not holding an eligible visa for the sc. 887 application.

Once the BVA associated with the sc. 489 application is granted, you could technically be included in the sc. 887 application, but it may be better to wait for the sc. 489 to be granted first.

I did a sc. 489 subsequent applicant visa application a while ago and it took about 6 months to be processed.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I have query regarding 887 visa.
I am 489 visa holder and also a Canadian PR holder. I was granted a Canadian PR in January 2018 and landed in Canada in March. At that time my 489 visa process was going on and it was received just post landing in Canada. I was not so keen at that time to move to Australia so I did not take it seriously as it was a TR. And I saw my grant just 2 days back.

Now one of my family member continuously has bad health due to her intolerance to cold. We are thinking back to move to Australia. I have following query:
1. Can I move to Australia now on 489?
2. Shall I need to inform to Australia government about my Canadian PR status?
3. Do this change in status and becoming Canadian PR will create problem for me to gain 887 status, if I don't inform to Australia government about my Canada PR status and landed in Canada?

I would be thankful if anybody can help me in above mentioned queries.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
1. If your 489 is still valid, then you can move to Australia as a 489 visa holder and you need to comply with the conditions (can only life and work in a regional area).
2. Not sure if this is considered an "incorrect" answer to an application question if you acquired another PR visa but since it was correct at the time you answered, perhaps it's not relevant.
3. Having Canadian PR should have no bearing on an 887 application. If the application asks if you hold any other country PR status then of course you need to answer yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.