Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to immigrate into australia on the 489 skillselect visa and I am rather confused regarding the process, so I need help:

a) I have a degree in public administration, which is not on SOL, but I believe I can still get 15 points in the points test for it, correct?

b) I have been working as a chef in a restaurant for the past 5 years and I would like to nominate "cook" as my nominated skilled trade. However, I simply cannot work out how to get the "skills assesment". I understand that VETASSESS should somehow process this, but I don't even understand the procedure. I don't have any formal education in cooking/hospitality, but I've been working as a chef/ head waiter for the past few years and I can get recommednation letters, etc from my employer. What is the procedure?

c) My plan really is to start an import business once I migrate into australia. I have everything lined up, but unfortunatelly I don't have $800k AUD for bussiness innovation visa. Is it ok to not seek employment in the nominated trade after migrating, but instead immediately opening a company and starting a business?

d) How does the " residing and working in a specified/designated area" work. Suppose I lodge EOI and then I am invited into specific territory, how long do I need to stay there?

e) I know system has changed since July 2012, but does anybody has an idea of the waiting time between lodging EIO and getting invitation?

Thanks,

nace

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.