Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

49 State nominated Visa approved

847 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Maggie-May24 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear experts, I am new to this forum, and thought of having the advice from you.
Recently my 489 Visa nomination application was approved by NT. I am happy about it though, have a question. Now I am supposed to find a job in my skilled occupation of Geologist, if my VISA was granted. Getting a job in this occupation is very tough in NT and might take time, as I heard. My question is if I get a full time job for the time being in any other field on a temporary basis as a survival until I find the proper job and do it fora year or so, will it make an influence on my subsequent application for Permanent Visa?Can`t I use count that experience for PR visa application? Thanks for any body`s advice in this regard.

#2 ·
You do not need to work in your particular occupation. To eventually apply for a 887 visa you must work at least full-time hours for 52 weeks in a regional area in any occupation, plus live at least 104 weeks in a regional area.

#3 ·
Thank you very much Maggie. can I ask another couple of questions?
1) Is the 52 weeks work and 104 weeks residence should be counted continuously? Or I can work and stay intermittently in Aus (e.g. probably on several short term contracts or casual employment in a supermarket) within the granted 4 year period? I ask it because I can not sell out my properties immediately because I have to settle a local bank loan before permanently moving to Aus. Thankful if you can clarify it.

2)In any case, I will need to rent out an apartment in Aus to prove my address, right?

#4 ·
AFAIK, the work and residence requirement isn't continuous. So the work can be a combination of part-time jobs or temporary jobs, and as long as they add up to FT hours for a total of 52 weeks, then that's fine. Similarly the residence can be over separate periods.

You may not need to rent an apartment, but you need sufficient evidence that you lived in the regional area. This can be a lease but in case you live somewhere that's not in your name, it could be statutory declarations, bills or statements sent to that address, a driver's license, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.