Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I already posted a thread on this topic regarding this topic but I need an extra clarification.

If you have been sponsored for example for a partnership application there is a 5 years minimum limit before being able to sponsor someone yourself.

According to the information I have gained on this forum and through other means, the 5 years count when you lodge your first application (Application when you were sponsored) until the second application is accepted (the application from which you are the sponsor)

In regards to the process of the partner visa my application was submitted in April 2013 but according to the process it is a provisional application then in August 2015 I have become eligible for the permanent application stage (or second stage) which I have submitted in August 2015 and got my PR granted in December 2015.

The way I see it there is 2 applications there one for provisional and one for permanent and I'm a bit confused when the start would count in this case?

I should also mention that when I'm looking at my Visa grant document it states that the date of VIsa application is: April 2013 so it seems that the second stage is not really counted as an application but I would need a confirmation on this if possible.

Thanks to all of you, love this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Hi Cedric, the way you see it is correct, your initial sponsorship for the temporary visa is when the clock started.

Paul Hand
MARN 1801974

Reactions: al_ghazal

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It's a combined 309/100 or 820/801 app for a reason. You are applying for both when you make the initial application, and the second stage is just eligibility for PR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.