Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for the work & holiday visa 462 as a U.S citizen on febuary 8th 2018 & got asked to submit a medical on feb 12th because I am currently living in South Korea. My medical exam info was submitted on febuary 28th and since then I have heard nothing from the department. I checked my immi account today & noticed that the processing times for my visa has been hiked up to 53 days - 4 months compared to the 33 days to 71 days (global processing times on the departments website). Anyone with a similar situation with the whv 462 ? I think its quite weird that processing would take 53 days to 4 months & Its been almost 2 months since I applied. :confused:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Welcome to the Australian visa process, we hope you enjoy your stay!

In honesty, the times they publish and predict vary wildly and the actual times between two identical applicants can be stupid, a couple of my friends - twins same school same uni literally same everything totally inseparable one had a 417 granted 2 days later the other waited for 3 months, i wouldn't plan anything based on their predicted processing times. Just visit indonesia for a month or two if your in a rush to start your holiday ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I applied for the work & holiday visa 462 as a U.S citizen on febuary 8th 2018 & got asked to submit a medical on feb 12th because I am currently living in South Korea. My medical exam info was submitted on febuary 28th and since then I have heard nothing from the department. I checked my immi account today & noticed that the processing times for my visa has been hiked up to 53 days - 4 months compared to the 33 days to 71 days (global processing times on the departments website). Anyone with a similar situation with the whv 462 ? I think its quite weird that processing would take 53 days to 4 months & Its been almost 2 months since I applied. :confused:
A bunch of us over on the "457 processing time" forum saw a similar change within our immi accounts yesterday or the day before.... the time jumped from 5-11 months (the same as published on the Home Affairs page) to 9-11 months for everyone.

It looks like they re-calibrated their estimates for others visas as well.

Some people on the forum get their visa within a few weeks, others have been waiting more than a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.