Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am currently on a 417 working holiday visa and was wondering if is possible to continue working for the same employer for longer than 6 months if you have submitted an application for a skilled working visa such as the 190 (skilled independent)? I understand from the extension application form you may also be able to apply to continue to work for an employer if you have also submitted an application for a partner visa?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi guys,

I am currently on a 417 working holiday visa and was wondering if is possible to continue working for the same employer for longer than 6 months if you have submitted an application for a skilled working visa such as the 190 (skilled independent)? I understand from the extension application form you may also be able to apply to continue to work for an employer if you have also submitted an application for a partner visa?

Thanks for your help.
I think Immi department grant such extension under particular circumstances and working or being part of a project is one of them. I work for an employment agency and we had a candidate who was on a WHV, working on a project with one of our clients. Her 6 months limitation was coming to an end but the project she was working on was no where near finish, so our client desperately needed her as her contribution to the project was essential.

As her employer we wrote a letter which she addressed to IMMI when she applied for an extension and she was granted the extension not long after.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, was wondering if anybody else would be able to assist with this as I am trying to decide whether to apply for 190 or submit an application for a partner visa. Current trying to see if I can submit a 1445 form (request to extend 6 month employment restriction) if I have lodged an 190 application. I know the form states I can if applied for a spouse visa, but is not clear on the 190. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We submitted a 1445 for the partner visa and it (the 1445 request) was approved within 24 hours. As long as you can get a letter of support from your employer stating valid reason to continue beyond the 6 months I think its unlikely to be denied for the 190.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.