Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello everyone,

A little help would be highly appreciated:

Today after waiting for exactly seven weeks for my tourist visa, - 600 (family stream), not the family sponsored - I received a refusal letter. The reason specified for the refusal is I do not satisfy the 600.211(c) in schedule 2 of the Migration Regulations, which basically is (c) any other relevant matter.
The case officer keeps repeating itself, throughout the letter, stressing on this:

"You have not provided sufficient evidence of your circumstances to demonstrate strong personal, employment or financial incentives to return to your home country after your intended visit with your application."

I had provided, letters of employment from the two jobs with length and contact details of the organisations. I had also provided, ownership details of some assets, I own, including a business. I have travelled, extensively in South Asia, due to the nature of my job, I am a journalist. I have lived in Australia for six years and have abided by all the visa requirements. I also had a letter of invitation from my wife and many more documents. My eight-year-old daughter is crushed, as I can not visit her anymore, as she had made plans for my visit.

I'm currently waiting for the outcome of 309/100, applied early this year. I had applied for 600 because I wanted to celebrate my 10th anniversary, which falls on 10th October. I had mentioned and linked the medicals, police clearance with this 600 from the 309/100 application. I had applied for three months visa, because, I have job commitments and could not take more than 6 weeks off.

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or what exactly constitutes as "strong" incentives to return? And what should be my step forward from this?

Thank you everyone.
Hi, Im sorry to hear about the refusal. I feel you. My only advise to you is to apply again. Make sure you address everything mentioned in the Decision Record accordingly. To the best of my knowledge, (RMAs please correct me if I'm wrong here :)...The FA600 Tourist Visa Stream , Sub class 600 Tourist stream visa allows one to visit a de facto partner, as it was mentioned in the Migration Regulations 1994, 257, Compilation No 173, Compilation Date 16/2/16, Registered 19/2/16. Also, i don't think you can appeal the refusal.

Please try to apply again. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks, truthfully247 for your advice. Though, I have been given the review/appeal rights with that. But does that help, considering the fee is almost A$1800.

I do intend to try again, maybe go through a lawyer this time.
May i ask how much it cost for you to apply the FA600? its online right ?

Good luck with the application ok :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
It cost me A$140 for the visa fee, (not taking into consideration the documentation costs).

And yes, I applied online via immigration account.
Its good if you can afford a migration agent. Sorry for asking again, what documentation costs did you have to come up with ? i had personal experience with FA600 myself , and even not from a high risk country i got knocked back due to the 'did not satisfy' clause , but i applied again and addressed the issues stated in the decision record. I may not know your situation coz it isn't a one size fits all scenario.

Keep us updated if you don't mind .. and again good luck:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello everyone,

A little help would be highly appreciated:

Today after waiting for exactly seven weeks for my tourist visa, - 600 (family stream), not the family sponsored - I received a refusal letter. The reason specified for the refusal is I do not satisfy the 600.211(c) in schedule 2 of the Migration Regulations, which basically is (c) any other relevant matter.
The case officer keeps repeating itself, throughout the letter, stressing on this:

"You have not provided sufficient evidence of your circumstances to demonstrate strong personal, employment or financial incentives to return to your home country after your intended visit with your application."

I had provided, letters of employment from the two jobs with length and contact details of the organisations. I had also provided, ownership details of some assets, I own, including a business. I have travelled, extensively in South Asia, due to the nature of my job, I am a journalist. I have lived in Australia for six years and have abided by all the visa requirements. I also had a letter of invitation from my wife and many more documents. My eight-year-old daughter is crushed, as I can not visit her anymore, as she had made plans for my visit.

I'm currently waiting for the outcome of 309/100, applied early this year. I had applied for 600 because I wanted to celebrate my 10th anniversary, which falls on 10th October. I had mentioned and linked the medicals, police clearance with this 600 from the 309/100 application. I had applied for three months visa, because, I have job commitments and could not take more than 6 weeks off.

I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or what exactly constitutes as "strong" incentives to return? And what should be my step forward from this?

Thank you everyone.
Sorry tkzlone, i read your post again and personally (just my opinion) , try applying again. As what i suggested earlier, Address each and every issue raised in the decision record. You seemed to have provided so much evidence to support your visit and returning to home country after the visit plus you are waiting for 309/100 visa. Frustrates me that you have to go thru this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That is the thing, she (CO) has not mentioned anything I need to address, all she has stated while repeating throughout the letter, I do not believe you have "strong" incentives to return home.

This is what she has written:

My decision is based on the following factors
You have not provided sufficient evidence of your circumstances to demonstrate strong personal, employment or financial incentives to return to your home country after your intended visit with your application.
I find that you have not demonstrated sufficiently strong financial, personal, employment or other commitments in your home country that would be an incentive for you to return after your visit.
I am not satisfied that you genuinely intend to stay temporarily in Australia for the purpose you have stated, and therefore find that you do not satisfy Subclause 600.211 of the Migration Regulations 1994.
I have some suggestions on how to respond to that, if you can PM me i don't mind sharing how i did mine and send you some of my documents for reference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.