Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm in Sydney, my wife has already submitted offshore spouse visa (309 100) in OCT 2015. It has been marked as 'placed in queue' in NOV 2015.

I have booked flight tickets for her to come to Sydney by last week of FEB 2016. I do not expect spouse visa to get stamped by FEB 2016.

In this scenario, she is planning to apply for a tourist visa with 6 months validity and multiple entry. we are looking at 600, there are 4 variations, two of them looks suitable Tourist ; Sponsored Family.

Can one advise among Tourist ; Sponsored Family variations, which would better suit my scenario. Thank you all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Rapidroamer,

We have same case. I applied for Partner Provisional 309 in the beginning of July 2015. In September 2015 we decided to apply for subclass 600 Family Sponsored as it is more suitable for our case: as it shows in fact that I will be staying with my husband and daughter until the provisional visa is ready and the main reason is to be with my family. In case of the family sponsored stream you are the one who will take responsibility and will be asked for security bond, in case of tourist stream - your wife will have to provide certain documents respecting financial sufficiency and so on.
Hope all be good for you with visa process ))

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

I'm in Sydney, my wife has already submitted offshore spouse visa (309 100) in OCT 2015. It has been marked as 'placed in queue' in NOV 2015.

I have booked flight tickets for her to come to Sydney by last week of FEB 2016. I do not expect spouse visa to get stamped by FEB 2016.

In this scenario, she is planning to apply for a tourist visa with 6 months validity and multiple entry. we are looking at 600, there are 4 variations, two of them looks suitable Tourist ; Sponsored Family.

Can one advise among Tourist ; Sponsored Family variations, which would better suit my scenario. Thank you all.
I am married to an australian citizen and applied for the Online Visitor 600 - Tourist Stream on November 16th 2015.
Visa duration requested: 6 months with 2 entries (i plan to visit a friend in New Zealand too)
The purpose of our trip to australia is visit his family, see if i like it there and eventually apply to a Partner Visa either on or off shore.(we both live in Uruguay at the moment).
The application form for Tourist Stream asks if the person is visiting or staying with someone that lives in australia (they ask for their full details + contact details such as phone and address) I mentioned my mother-in-law, father-in-law and my own husband and filled up all of their info.
Once the application's been submitted and paid off and you get to the stage of attaching documents you'll see that is recommended to attach an invitation letter from the australian/permanent resident you're visiting or staying with.
I've attached their australian passport copies + residential Deed/property title to the invitation letters stating that my parents in law will host us and we won't incur accommodation expenses.
I've also provided evidence of my funds (bank statement, joint account bank statement, additional cardholder proof showing that my husband and I have access to eachother's individual accounts apart from having a joint one).

My visa was finalised on the 24th November and I am currently awaiting for the Visa Grant Letter which has not yet been sent to my email address but I was told it's been approved when ringing my nearest embassy.

I decided to apply for the tourist stream visitor visa because there is a slightly difference between the family sponsored.
The family sponsored MAY require to provide a bond (kinda ''security deposit'') and we wanted to avoid any chance for them to request so, tho, i've read this is a not-so-common requirement but i've seen many cases over the forum of people whom were requested so.

Good luck! let us know how it goes for you :)

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Jusr get the normal tourist stream visa

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
in case of tourist stream - your wife will have to provide certain documents respecting financial sufficiency and so on.
We did the tourist stream and she didn't need to provide documents for financial status etc., other than my own Australian bank accounts.
I did of course do a letter stating i was fully supporting her.

No bonds with that one. The sponsored stream seems more complex and needs sponsoring.

Reactions: Pradipjungthapa

·
Registered
5 Posts
We did the tourist stream and she didn't need to provide documents for financial status etc., other than my own Australian bank accounts.
I did of course do a letter stating i was fully supporting her.

No bonds with that one. The sponsored stream seems more complex and needs sponsoring.
Really didn't know those details. When you are just new for such things like visa system for the first time you get lost and stressed a lot. Thank you for your comment and will take it in account in the future.
JandE, could you tell me please how long the tourist visa took time for you to be approved?

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Really didn't know those details. When you are just new for such things like visa system for the first time you get lost and stressed a lot. Thank you for your comment and will take it in account in the future.
JandE, could you tell me please how long the tourist visa took time for you to be approved?
Times for Visas to be approved vary a lot, but ours are:

Visitor Visa: Applied 30 Sept 2014 - Granted 28 Oct 2014
Applied for Tourist Visa: 20 Aug 2015 - Granted 12 months on 24 Sept 2015.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I am Australian permanent resident. I got married on 10th August 2015. I lived with my wife for 50 days only and it was an arranged marriage as usually happens in india. I did not make any contact with my wife till i got married.

After marriage, i applied for Subclass 600 and it got rejected.
Now i am applying for 309/100. But i dont have enough evidence to submit because i lived for 50 days with my wife.

After submitting 309/100, when should i apply for subclass 600.

So what evidence should i submit.

Please if anyone can help me.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Shoyeb you are in a very difficult position, the basis for a partner visa is that it is genuine and ongoing. If you have only known the person for 50 days will be difficult.
Applying for a tourist visa has little to do with dates.
You have to address the criteria for a tourist visa.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I think this one needs an immigration agent...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do I have to submit tourist form 1419 when apply online?cos the requirement at the end doesnt say any to upload tourist form 1419.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.