Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all members,

I am seeking help or any advice. I am an australian permanent resident and i got married in India september 2013. We applied for the 309 spouse visa in January 2014. My partner and i have not seen each other for 3 months now :(. We miss each other alot.

Now i was thinking of getting here to australia on 600 Tourist Visa for 3 months whilst her spouse visa application is being processed.

1. My wife hasnt been working from past one year?

2. She doesnt have much savings in her account?

3. Her entire family is in India, so she will go back to India before her TV expires, if not 309 spouse visa will be rejected.

4. Her father has an own house in bangalore, can she show those property documents?

5. Can she include her parents bank account statements saying they are going to sponsor as well.

I am going to sponsor her to visit me if someone can please advice me if anyone has been in the same situation or give me suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
You may have a problem getting her a tourist visa when she has no savings and no job. The normal tourist visa does not allow you to sponsor someone, there is the sponsored family tourist visa. The sponsored family tourist visa means that you have you pay a bond and then you get the bond back when she leaves the country and also they are processed in Australia.

I don't know much about the embassy in India but can't comment specifically but some countries for the 600 tourist visa they will not take into account anyone elses financial support they say that the onus is on the applicant to show that they have enough funds, obviously it varies from embassy to embassy.

Just included as much stuff that you have then it is up to the embassy to if they will take it into account or not.

If they do rejected it then you can apply for the family sponsored visa in Australia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may have a problem getting her a tourist visa when she has no savings and no job. The normal tourist visa does not allow you to sponsor someone, there is the sponsored family tourist visa. The sponsored family tourist visa means that you have you pay a bond and then you get the bond back when she leaves the country and also they are processed in Australia.

I don't know much about the embassy in India but can't comment specifically but some countries for the 600 tourist visa they will not take into account anyone elses financial support they say that the onus is on the applicant to show that they have enough funds, obviously it varies from embassy to embassy.

Just included as much stuff that you have then it is up to the embassy to if they will take it into account or not.

If they do rejected it then you can apply for the family sponsored visa in Australia.
Hi Mish,

Thank you for your reply.

I forgot to mention that i am applying for 600 tourist visa (family sponsored) that i am sponsoring her visit to australia.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Hi Mish,

Thank you for your reply.

I forgot to mention that i am applying for 600 tourist visa (family sponsored) that i am sponsoring her visit to australia.
You should be right then. I am not sure how much the bond is I heard 5,000. I am not sure how much it differs to the normal tourist visa apart from the bond and processing in Australia but just provide everything that you mentioned. It is better to provide too much than not enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.