Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
You may have a problem getting her a tourist visa when she has no savings and no job. The normal tourist visa does not allow you to sponsor someone, there is the sponsored family tourist visa. The sponsored family tourist visa means that you have you pay a bond and then you get the bond back when she leaves the country and also they are processed in Australia.

I don't know much about the embassy in India but can't comment specifically but some countries for the 600 tourist visa they will not take into account anyone elses financial support they say that the onus is on the applicant to show that they have enough funds, obviously it varies from embassy to embassy.

Just included as much stuff that you have then it is up to the embassy to if they will take it into account or not.

If they do rejected it then you can apply for the family sponsored visa in Australia.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi Mish,

Thank you for your reply.

I forgot to mention that i am applying for 600 tourist visa (family sponsored) that i am sponsoring her visit to australia.
You should be right then. I am not sure how much the bond is I heard 5,000. I am not sure how much it differs to the normal tourist visa apart from the bond and processing in Australia but just provide everything that you mentioned. It is better to provide too much than not enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.