Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am permanent resident in Australia. I got married last month and my wife applied for visitor visa 600(family sponsored stream) to Australia.

Her visa got refused by pointing out that she is unemployed and does not have enough family ties to go back to her home country. She resigned from her job only a month ago.

The reason we didn't apply for partner visa is because she has also applied for skilled migration visa and was hoping to get an invite.

Questions:

1. What is her best chance of getting the visitor visa? Should we apply for the partner visa first and then apply for visitor visa?

2. If we are submitting another visitor visa application, how can we make application look stronger and more genuine?

3. We applied the visa for 12 months in the refused application, could this be the reason why the visa was refused?

Thanks,
Nithin Peter

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I am permanent resident in Australia. I got married last month and my wife applied for visitor visa 600(family sponsored stream) to Australia.

Her visa got refused by pointing out that she is unemployed and does not have enough family ties to go back to her home country. She resigned from her job only a month ago.

The reason we didn't apply for partner visa is because she has also applied for skilled migration visa and was hoping to get an invite.

Questions:

1. What is her best chance of getting the visitor visa? Should we apply for the partner visa first and then apply for visitor visa?

2. If we are submitting another visitor visa application, how can we make application look stronger and more genuine?

3. We applied the visa for 12 months in the refused application, could this be the reason why the visa was refused?

Thanks,
Nithin Peter
1) It tends to help, as she will have a strong incentive to leave Australia.
2) Depends on her circumstances. Read up about " genuine visitor" requirements.
3) 3 months is more realistic for a first visitor visa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.