Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm looking to lodge a de facto visa, and quickly now before the new year and new prices. I'm currently in Australia on a long term visitor visa- the 600, I believe. My question is, if I lodge my de facto visa and am approved a bridging visa, will I receive full work rights on my bridging visa? Currently the 600 provides me with no rights to work.
Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Yes the bridging visa comes with full work rights. However, you won't be able to work until the bridging visa comes into effect.

Also everyone gets a bridging visa when they lodge their partner visa onshore.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
As Mish says you will get a BVA once you apply for the partner visa onshore. The BVA will not come into effect until your 600 expires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I'm an Aussie, married Chinese woman last year and we applied for a partner visa.

However, she is currently on a Visitor Visa FA 600 that allows her to stay only 3 months at a time before leaving. We want to cancel the Visitor Visa 600 because it doesnt allow her to work, at which time we assume the Bridging Visa A will come into effect which does allow her to work.

My question is - if she fails to leave at the end of her current 3 month stay, even though her Visitor 600 visa still has over six months to go before expiring, does the visitor visa automatically cancel by reason of having not left the country?

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
My question is - if she fails to leave at the end of her current 3 month stay, even though her Visitor 600 visa still has over six months to go before expiring, does the visitor visa automatically cancel by reason of having not left the country?
Yes, the visitor visa will cease and her bridging visa ( assuming one was granted) will come into effect.

www.ausvisa.net.au

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, and yes she was granted a Bridging Visa A. It is worded like this:

About your Bridging Via

This bridging visa is not in effect because your Visitor visa is currently in effect. If your Visitor visa is cancelled, you should contact the department immediately.

As she has been offered a job already, we will need to show her new employer proof that her Bridging Visa A is "In effect." So I'm wanting to know if we need to contact the Gov department we sent our partner visa application to, or will they magically just know she hasn't left the country at the required date.

Alternatively, do we need to contact someone informing that she has not left at the required date and pass that info onto the Gov dept we applied for the partner visa with?

Hope that makes sense. Main thing is we need a document saying her Bridging Visa A is in effect.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
You don't have to notify anyone. The BVA will automatically come into effect if she does not leave. You can check her visa status and visa conditions ( incl. work tights) on VEVO. She must apply for a BVB if she wants to leave and return to Australia. You cannot travel on a BVA.

www.ausvisa.net.au

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you.

In that case I assume by her simply not leaving the country at the required date it triggers a cancellation of the Visitor visa in computer files at Vivo.

I hope that process is rapid, as her potential employer is impatient for the Bridging Visa "in effect" notice.

Thanks again, your help and this forum is a godsend.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Thank you. In that case I assume by her simply not leaving the country at the required date it triggers a cancellation of the Visitor visa in computer files at Vivo. I hope that process is rapid, as her potential employer is impatient for the Bridging Visa "in effect" notice. Thanks again, your help and this forum is a godsend.
It should be instant. The tourist visa won't be cancelled, it will cease and be replaced by the bridging visa.

www.ausvisa.net.au

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.