Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am applying for a 600 visa for my wife to visit me in Australia whilst our 309 is in process.

My question is do we need to apply for the 600 family sponsored visa or the 600 tourist visa offshore that allows people to visit family and friends.

As the 600 family sponsored has a 54 day processing time whereas the 600 tourist visa offshore has only an 18 day wait?

I have already applied for the family sponsored 600 if I can I change it if needed to the 600 tourist so that it quicker to process.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
You can't change an application if it has already been lodged.

Depending on their background, I generally advise people to apply for a standard vistor visa first, rather than the family sponsored one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't change an application if it has already been lodged.

Depending on their background, I generally advise people to apply for a standard vistor visa first, rather than the family sponsored one.
Thank you very much for your reply CCMS!

I don't want to change my existing family sponsored visa, but can I withdraw my application and start a new visitor visa 600 application.

if i revoke my family sponsored visa 600 and apply for a 600 visitor visa will this have any implications on the new 600 visitor visa?

Thank you so much for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
You can lodge a standard vistor visa and withdraw the family sponsored one once the standard one has been approved.

If it is not approved, you can just leave the family sponsored one in place and see what happens.

I have never done this, but I can't see why it can't be done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.