Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am I able to apply for a 651 e-visitor visa firstly then apply for the 801 partner migration in Australia? When the 651 expires will I automatically get a bridging visa which will entitle me to work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
651/801

Hi am I able to apply for a 651 e-visitor visa firstly then apply for the 801 partner migration in Australia? When the 651 expires will I automatically get a bridging visa which will entitle me to work?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes, you can apply for e-visitor visa and provided it does not come with a NFS (no further stay) condition you can apply for 801 visa onshore. BVA with full work rights will follow the expiration of the visitor visa. Be prepared for the possibility that work may be difficult to find because many employers are reluctant to employ people on bridging visas.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Usually the family sponsored stream visitor visas have a NFS condition. Other types may or may not. I'm not sure what circumstances they would put the condition on to be honest. You might want to post his question in the visas and immigration forum - you might get more responses there from people with experience with tourist visas. As an Aus citizen my experience with that side of things is non existent :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Family sponsored stream visitor?? Not sure. My husband is an Australian citizen and really scratching our heads as what to do so that we can be sure we are applying for the correct visa, 651 into aus then 801. Good news about the BV and work rights? We are coming from the UK by the way. Do we need to book return flights do you know? Or can we enter with no return booked? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
814 Posts
Are you a U.K. Citizen? If so a 651 should work for you. I don't believe you would need to book return tickets. I would think a U.K. Passport holder wouldn't have a NFS condition imposed, but as I said I'm not an expert in visitor visas, I recommend posting this in the visas and immigration forum to get more responses and possibly better advice :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.