Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We're about to submit our 820 visa (I'm sponsoring my partner). We are engaged, although we won't be getting married until later next year.

We have been together for just on 3 and a half years, not including dating (although I've been told it's not when we consider ourselves exclusive, it's when we can PROVE we were together! In which case, I'm hoping flying out to meet her relatives who live in Japan is sufficient - which is still more than 3 years ago).

I've been going through the documentation around the 820/801 visa and note that, where you can show you've been in a long term relationship, that you can apply for the 801 without waiting for the 2 year period. Can anyone advise how you do this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi :)

It's my understanding that you supply all the relevant documents as you would for the 820 (since this has to be granted anyway even if the 801 is granted at the same time) and it's at the case officers discretion to grant the 801 if they assess the relationship to have met the criteria for the permanent residency visa and by-pass the 2 year waiting gap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.