Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have applied a partner visa for my partner while she's on student visa.
Then she got a bridge visa A, but it will only effect when her student visa expired.

bridge visa also said that if student visa cancelled, the bridge visa will also cancelled, which mean she has to remain study until the vias expired.

however, as she already finished Certificate 3, she wish to stop now. so I m wondering can we apply another bridge visa to replace her student visa that allows her to stay and work in Aus?

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Nope, that's not how it works. The Bridging Visa A is actually the best Bridging Visa you can get - it allows full work rights and travel rights for partner visa applicants awaiting a decision on their partner visa. If her student visa is cancelled because she ceases studying, breaching her student visa conditions, she would only be eligible for a Bridging Visa E, which gives NO work rights and NO travel rights (meaning she would be unable to leave Australia and then return). At least, that's my understanding.

If she can demonstrate financial hardship she may be able to apply separately for the right to work while on her BVE, but it's not guaranteed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.