Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Date of my eligibility for 801 application is getting closer and I’m terrified we don’t have enough evidence. 820 was approved in April, so not that long ago. Since we applied for 820 back in 2015 we’ve lived in the same house owned by my (applicant’s) parents therefore no joint rent/ownership statements. We are both in early 20s so there isn’t much financial responsibility and no children yet. No travel since 820 grant and no major purchases. Any ideas what else we can include? Some of things we have for 801 are same as was submitted for 820 as nothing’s changed. We got married in 2016 but we submitted wedding and change of circumstance evidence with 820 application.

Financial:
1 of 2 cars we individually own is insured in both names and both are drivers.
We have joint account open since 2013 however we only use it for “I’m low on money” situations; maybe once a month for takeaways since April 2017.
Bank statements from individual accounts with highlighted bills, groceries, gifts etc. Sponsor is responsible for certain bills, applicant responsible for certain others.
Tax returns listing each other as spouse.

Nature of household
Statements explaining my parents own the house, housework statement (pretty much same as 820 application)
Bills - internet in sponsor’s name, electricity in applicant’s; the rest in applicant’s parents names as house owners.
Mail addressed individually to the same address

Social
Photos: a ball we attended, family and work Christmas parties (upcoming), family birthday celebrations, wedding anniversary celebration, camping, date nights
Tickets and invitations for ball, movies, parties
Stat decs: sponsor’s mother, friends in common x2

Nature of commitment
Paid off engagement ring statement
Superannuation beneficiaries
Future plans statement
Next of kin from work statement, emergency contacts on my health record
Mygov for ATO showing authorised contacts

Thanks and good luck to everyone applying/awaiting grants

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Just remember that they have accepted you are in a relationship now they are looking for ongoing relationship.

All those little bits that make up your life paint a pretty picture, based on the above it sounds like you're prepared and progressing fine, take a deep breath and go out with your partner have a wine and a meal and relax! (obviously take photos and keep the receipt :D ).

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just a head up, the evidence for your 801 is not from the grant of 820, it's from the application until now so from 2015 in your case.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Just a head up, the evidence for your 801 is not from the grant of 820, it's from the application until now so from 2015 in your case.
Are you sure with this? I am of the impression that it's since the grant date. I've not looked at the legislation and happy to be corrected but 820/801 section of Immi site says:

"Your permanent Partner visa cannot be granted until two years have passed from the day you applied for that visa. We will begin assessing your application after that date.

You will need to provide evidence to show that you and your sponsor continue to be in a spouse or de facto partner relationship since you were granted the temporary Partner visa. The evidence you provide must show that you continue to have a genuine and continuing relationship, live together or not live separately and apart on a permanent basis and have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others."

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-#tab-content-1

P.S. Post 1,000 :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
Are you sure with this? I am of the impression that it's since the grant date. I've not looked at the legislation and happy to be corrected but 820/801 section of Immi site says:

"Your permanent Partner visa cannot be granted until two years have passed from the day you applied for that visa. We will begin assessing your application after that date.

You will need to provide evidence to show that you and your sponsor continue to be in a spouse or de facto partner relationship since you were granted the temporary Partner visa. The evidence you provide must show that you continue to have a genuine and continuing relationship, live together or not live separately and apart on a permanent basis and have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others."

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-#tab-content-1

P.S. Post 1,000 :D
I could be wrong! I was always under the impression that it's from date of application until now so 2 years worth of evidence that the relationship has been on going.

I don't have the migration regulations so I can't back it up, it's just what I understood from using forums but I could have misunderstood it :rolleyes:

Congrats on 1000 post :D:D:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just remember that they have accepted you are in a relationship now they are looking for ongoing relationship.

All those little bits that make up your life paint a pretty picture, based on the above it sounds like you're prepared and progressing fine, take a deep breath and go out with your partner have a wine and a meal and relax! (obviously take photos and keep the receipt :D ).
Just got back home from having a lovely pizza dinner with hubby haha :) Thank you :D Your post is reassuring

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I've always read it's from the grant of the 820, not application date. Kind of makes sense since two year old evidence doesn't prove the relationship is current and there's no need for them to go through two years worth to see if you're together now. A couple must have been together when it was granted so they only need to see if the couple has stayed together and is still together since 820 grant for the 801.

At least that's how I interpret it logically.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another question. For the last couple months I’ve been paying vast majority of the bills and mortgage as hubby’s been working a bit less. Is he still fulfilling his sponsor obligations if I’m earning more and paying for more?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Another question. For the last couple months I've been paying vast majority of the bills and mortgage as hubby's been working a bit less. Is he still fulfilling his sponsor obligations if I'm earning more and paying for more?
Yes. Your life together is a partnership. Sometimes one partner will do more, other times the other partner will. Doesn't mean he is not meeting his obligations. He might however be failing to meet his obligations if, for example, you were unemployed and having a hard time, and he decided to quit his job so he could go surfing more. You can see how that might cause a problem. But if you've settled in well, have a job, and you have no problems paying the majority of the bills, I don't think DIBP would have any issue with that.

For what it's worth, I'm the Aus citizen sponsor, my husband has been granted the partner visa (offshore). He has always earned (and expects to continue to earn in Aus) about 2-3 times what I earn. We made this fairly clear in his application and my sponsorship form. His visa was granted, no questions asked.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We just submitted our 801, and we are including evidence 'since the grant of the 820' but including anything relevant from the past two years, like our wedding/big house purchases. But for bank statements, photos etc we are only going back the past 12 months (820 was granted in Nov 16)

In the application when you get to the statements part is says 'Current Relationship since grant of the temporary visa' and one of the questions is 'Give details of the development of the relationship from the date the applicant was granted the temporary visa'

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Ejona and Nobody00

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Another question. For the last couple months I've been paying vast majority of the bills and mortgage as hubby's been working a bit less. Is he still fulfilling his sponsor obligations if I'm earning more and paying for more?
Ive been both unemployed and the higher earner higher payer during the course of our application. There is no obligation to evenly split all costs, it comes down to how you operate as a couple some like to split everything, others completely merge finances, others merge some finances only.

Select the dynamic that works for you, immigration will be happy as long as they can see the financial commitment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes. Your life together is a partnership. Sometimes one partner will do more, other times the other partner will. Doesn't mean he is not meeting his obligations. He might however be failing to meet his obligations if, for example, you were unemployed and having a hard time, and he decided to quit his job so he could go surfing more. You can see how that might cause a problem. But if you've settled in well, have a job, and you have no problems paying the majority of the bills, I don't think DIBP would have any issue with that.

For what it's worth, I'm the Aus citizen sponsor, my husband has been granted the partner visa (offshore). He has always earned (and expects to continue to earn in Aus) about 2-3 times what I earn. We made this fairly clear in his application and my sponsorship form. His visa was granted, no questions asked.
Yeah it works for us, but the sponsor obligations are pretty vague on immi site. Technically I'm the one providing accomodation while financial assistance goes both ways. We've swapped breadwinning roles several times over the 5.5 years together ;)
Good to know they should be ok with this, thank you :D

Reactions: Ejona

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive been both unemployed and the higher earner higher payer during the course of our application. There is no obligation to evenly split all costs, it comes down to how you operate as a couple some like to split everything, others completely merge finances, others merge some finances only.

Select the dynamic that works for you, immigration will be happy as long as they can see the financial commitment.
Thank you for your experience. Yeah we've swapped breadwinner roles a lot in the past 5.5 years due to student visa limitations on work and my studies etc.. I'm glad the sponsor obligation for visa purposed doesn't dictate how we manage finances as a couple.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
The evidence required is from the grant of the 820 on wards. They already granted the 820 so it is afterwards that they need to see that the relationship is genuine or not.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
My comment on the evidence ... have you been on any holidays together or weekends away? If so include plane tickets, joint accommodation, photos for holiday/weekend away etc.

Also your tax returns the page where it mentions your spouse include that to show that you have listed each other.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My comment on the evidence ... have you been on any holidays together or weekends away? If so include plane tickets, joint accommodation, photos for holiday/weekend away etc.

Also your tax returns the page where it mentions your spouse include that to show that you have listed each other.
Yep we are including tax return pages.
Also added flybuys account with both names.

No holidays - I'm studying fulltime and working fulltime :(
There was one weekend camping trip so we are including photos from that and highlighting bank statement of food and drinks purchases in the location not far from campsite.
Had a weekend getaway for our 5 year anniversary but that was in March so couple weeks before 820 visa grant.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Yep we are including tax return pages.
Also added flybuys account with both names.

No holidays - I'm studying fulltime and working fulltime :(
There was one weekend camping trip so we are including photos from that and highlighting bank statement of food and drinks purchases in the location not far from campsite.
Had a weekend getaway for our 5 year anniversary but that was in March so couple weeks before 820 visa grant.
I would throw in that evidence of celebrating your 5 year anniversary if they didn't see it in your 820 evidence. That's kind of a big event.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Hi Tijanaoc, when you said your partner was granted the partner visa offshore, how long has he been overseas?

I have applied on July for second stage and planning to go overseas for around 3 months without my partner for family situations and I wonder if it's too long to be away. I travelled every year to visit my family, always with daily communication with my partner and I have uploaded as a evidence in stage 2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.