Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was granted 820 visa in April and on November 6th I became eligible to apply for 801 PR. Just wondering how quickly I need to apply for it? I haven't started my application yet as I recently gave birth and newborn has taken all my time. I couldn't find anywhere how much time you have. I assume most people apply when they become eligible but often due to life responsibilities it may be delayed.

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Technically, you can apply any time after the eligibility date. There is no set date that you have to get the paperwork in by. However, with recent changes it is advised you get all your stuff in as soon as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technically, you can apply any time after the eligibility date. There is no set date that you have to get the paperwork in by. However, with recent changes it is advised you get all your stuff in as soon as possible.
Thank you! :)

But what are the changes and what makes you say that if you dont mind to reply? :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Basically, you don't want a CO to look at your 801 after eligibility and not have any evidence your relationship has continued since the 820.

Best to get it in as soon as possible. Maybe ask a family member to help you gather evidences and stuff over a weekend?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thank you! :)

But what are the changes and what makes you say that if you dont mind to reply? :)
Sky said it best, but to clairfy on my "changes" comment:

Incomplete applications submitted on or after 18 November may be decided as is. Whereas, in the past, if an application was incomplete the applicant would be sent a list of missing documents to submit in a 28 day time frame. So, if DIBP started to process your 801 without new info, they wouldn't request (said) info like before. However, with processing times being on average 12-14 months (and an estimated 16-22 months), you have little chance of this happening :) SO DON'T STRESS about that. As Sky suggested, ask a family member or close friend to help you get documents together and submit them as soon as you can!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.