Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks it's been a long time between drinks since I've been here and unfortunately incredibly short on time to do some proper sleuthing on here for the information I need.
So after 2 years and 4 months in country it's time for my wife to apply for her 801.
Unfortunately from only a few weeks after arriving until 5 months ago we were working remotely on live in cattle station so we have zero evidence of rental agreements etc.
We have just bought a house however it is in my name only as we couldn't afford to include my wife on the loan. These things worry me that it will hurt our evidence quite a bit. What do you guys think?

Also looking at the online checklist it says my wife does not need to do a stat Dec about our relationship, it appears I am the only one that needs to write all the details about financial, social, emotional etc aspects of our relationship.
Is this correct?

Any other pointers for things they're looking for now that are new for the last couple years?
Thanks in advance for anyone who can take the time for some advice.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi folks it's been a long time between drinks since I've been here and unfortunately incredibly short on time to do some proper sleuthing on here for the information I need.
So after 2 years and 4 months in country it's time for my wife to apply for her 801.
Unfortunately from only a few weeks after arriving until 5 months ago we were working remotely on live in cattle station so we have zero evidence of rental agreements etc.
We have just bought a house however it is in my name only as we couldn't afford to include my wife on the loan. These things worry me that it will hurt our evidence quite a bit. What do you guys think?

Also looking at the online checklist it says my wife does not need to do a stat Dec about our relationship, it appears I am the only one that needs to write all the details about financial, social, emotional etc aspects of our relationship.
Is this correct?

Any other pointers for things they're looking for now that are new for the last couple years?
Thanks in advance for anyone who can take the time for some advice.
Hi Firemansam,

The 801 isn't as much of an application as it is an update of you and your partner's relationship since the grant of the 820. So, for the 801 part of the application you and your partner's main goal is to prove that you've continued to be in a relationship since that time.

What kind of evidence did you guys supply for the 820? For financial aspects you can supply evidence of joint bank account or continued use of one, your partner's name on utility bills, and any major joint purchases. Also, if you haven't already you can add each other as super beneficiaries and as contacts on your ATO accounts.

Don't forget to include proof of social and domestic aspects of your relationship as well such as joint invitations, cards, photos of you guys with family/friends (not just each other), joint club/restaurant/cinema memberships etc.

While the sponsor only needs to fill out a stat dec for the 801, the applicant will answer the stat dec questions in their application.

Don't forget to supply two new 888 forms supporting you and your partner's relationship from the grant of your 820 as well as a new AFP for your partner.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Can you get a stat dec from the ranch owner that says you lived there together and the arrangement of living rent free?

The applicant does the narrative boxes in the online form and that counts as the statement. Alternatively they can write one up. The sponsor has a specific stat dec form to complete.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
We applied for 820 in April 16 from a PMV.
Unfortunately things ended badly with the previous employer due to aggressive managers, so I doubt they would be willing to help us.
Unfortunately everything for our new house is in my name because it is the only one on the mortgage.
We have joint bank accounts which will show our mortgage payments etc but have no bills in joint names.
I think we might go for as many 888's as we can get from family and friends.

What are the processing times like atm?
My wife has seen 820-801 on her Vietnamese Facebook page for as low as 2 weeks for visa grants, what seems to be the average now?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.