Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you in advance for your help~~~

I am trying to upload the evidence for my 801 visa application, but only can see TWO sections available:

Recommended:
1.Form 956A
2.Marriage
3.Change of Name
4.Form 956

Additional documents
Other Documents

There are no FOUR CATEGORIES available like 820 visa application.
It's been 3 days and still the same.

Can anyone who has the same problem? Is it alright to upload ALL evidence into "Other Documents" with clear file name & descriptions?

Thank you!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts

I am trying to upload the evidence for my 801 visa application, but only can see TWO sections available:

Recommended:
1.Form 956A
2.Marriage
3.Change of Name
4.Form 956

Additional documents
Other Documents

Can anyone who has the same problem? Is it alright to upload ALL evidence into "Other Documents" with clear file name & descriptions?

Thank you!!!!
I have experienced the same issue so I uploaded everything under "Other". Just make sure to label your documents clearly.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Recommended:
1.Form 956A
2.Marriage
3.Change of Name
4.Form 956

Additional documents
Other Documents

Thank you!!!!
Hi there, I had the same issue, their website is terrible. I uploaded everything under other/additional documents and clearly mark each attachment by the name of the document.

You would think that each visa costs 7K+ the system would be impeccable but not, it is an embarrassment.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I had the same and also uploaded everything, clearly labelled, under Other.
After a while the categories were available to me so I've used them when I had new stuff to upload.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there, I had the same issue, their website is terrible. I uploaded everything under other/additional documents and clearly mark each attachment by the name of the document.

You would think that each visa costs 7K+ the system would be impeccable but not, it is an embarrassment.
Hi thank you for your reply and YES I agree with you but we have no choice.......:-(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a while the categories were available to me so I've used them when I had new stuff to upload.
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience.
Good to know that after a while the four categories will be available.

I have uploaded a few essential documents like passports, NPC and Forms 888 today. Maybe I should wait till the 4 categories to be shown to upload the rest evidence into each category.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts

Recommended:
1.Form 956A
2.Marriage
3.Change of Name
4.Form 956

Additional documents
Other Documents

Thank you!!!!
Hope my reply makes you feel better....

We had the same issue and uploaded everything to the only option: "Other Documents".

The other options did become available a few days later.

We got the 801 grant after 9 months.

We did email immigration asking about this, about 7 months after we did it, but got no reply, until we got the visa grant.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hope my reply makes you feel better....

We had the same issue and uploaded everything to the only option: "Other Documents".

The other options did become available a few days later.

We got the 801 grant after 9 months.

We did email immigration asking about this, about 7 months after we did it, but got no reply, until we got the visa grant.
Thank you JandE for your reply that did make me feel better!
Congrats for your speedy visa grant!
Hope I can be lucky enough to get my PR granted in 9 months as well!
21months/26months waiting time sounds daunting!
It took 10.5 months to get my 820 though.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience.
Good to know that after a while the four categories will be available.

I have uploaded a few essential documents like passports, NPC and Forms 888 today. Maybe I should wait till the 4 categories to be shown to upload the rest evidence into each category.
for some people the categories never change so you could be waiting forever. Meanwhile they can make a decision using whatever information you have provided. It would be safer to upload the complete information as soon as you can.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Thank you JandE for your reply that did make me feel better!
Congrats for your speedy visa grant!
Hope I can be lucky enough to get my PR granted in 9 months as well!
21months/26months waiting time sounds daunting!
It took 10.5 months to get my 820 though.
Thanks!!!
That 21-26 months figure is a bit misleading.

Only about 25% are taking 21 months or more at the moment, the majority are less.

From the recent 801 grants that have been mentioned, in this thread, so far in 2019,
75% took under 19 months, (slightly better than the global 21 months) BUT...
55% took 12 months or under, (our grant came in this group 9 months and 1 week) and
33% of the total took 9 months or under.

From that, it looks like around half can be about 12 months.

Some peoples applications are more complex than others, and take longer, for various reasons. (Security checks for some countries, fake marriages, incomplete applications, etc.) They may be the ones to push the times for the 75% out further.

Extreme example:
If 330 out of 1,000 applications took between 6 and 9 months, and 419 took between 9 and 12 months and 1 took exactly 21 months, they would all be classed in the 75% taking 21 months group.. And that may not be far from actual...

Reactions: alliswell

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That 21-26 months figure is a bit misleading.

Only about 25% are taking 21 months or more at the moment, the majority are less.

From the recent 801 grants that have been mentioned, in this thread, so far in 2019,
75% took under 19 months, (slightly better than the global 21 months) BUT...
55% took 12 months or under, (our grant came in this group 9 months and 1 week) and
33% of the total took 9 months or under.

From that, it looks like around half can be about 12 months.

Some peoples applications are more complex than others, and take longer, for various reasons. (Security checks for some countries, fake marriages, incomplete applications, etc.) They may be the ones to push the times for the 75% out further.

Extreme example:
If 330 out of 1,000 applications took between 6 and 9 months, and 419 took between 9 and 12 months and 1 took exactly 21 months, they would all be classed in the 75% taking 21 months group.. And that may not be far from actual...
Thank you JandE for your detailed information and again, that made me feel better!!

I am at the beginning of the 2-stage waiting game so the only thing I can do is to prepare the evidence as thorough and neat as possible.

This forum is really helpful...Thank you again!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
for some people the categories never change so you could be waiting forever. Meanwhile they can make a decision using whatever information you have provided. It would be safer to upload the complete information as soon as you can.
Thank you dumbwaiter for your advice!
Ok, I don't have to wait then.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need advice on my visa
801/820 applied October 2015
820 granted July 2016
801 applied August 2017
I am still waiting
I lodged both 820 and 801 through australia post.
Please I need someone to give me an advice

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also had the same issue with my husband. We put everything in “Other Documents” because we didnt have any categories by then but after uploading and signing in again it shows where it needs to be uploaded. We lodge last October 2018 and we havent hear anything from them yet. Do i need to worry about this?We didnt change anything thu.we just label evry documents.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I also had the same issue with my husband. We put everything in "Other Documents" because we didnt have any categories by then but after uploading and signing in again it shows where it needs to be uploaded. We lodge last October 2018 and we havent hear anything from them yet. Do i need to worry about this?We didnt change anything thu.we just label evry documents.
I had the same thing happen to me. Not all of the categories showed up, just one of them and the "other" category. My eligible date was also October 2018. It's normal that we haven't heard anything yet, as it's only been 5 months now. I'll be extremely happy to have mine done before the 12 month line. At this point, it's just a sit and wait game.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.