Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my wife applied for her 820 last year (I'm her sponsor), and just this morning, she got an email saying she's been granted a 801.
She never got her 820, they granted the 801 first.
I've never seen that before. Why did that happen? (not that we're complaining, we just want to know)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Did you check immi account? There's probably 2 grant notices in there. Not that it matters since the 820 is no longer valid once the 801 supercedes it.

How long have you and you wife been together? Long term relatonships of 3 years or more (or 2 years+ if there is a child of the relationship) and the 2 year waiting period between application and eligibility of the 801 can be waived, meaning instead of just the 820, 801 would be processed at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you check immi account? There's probably 2 grant notices in there. Not that it matters since the 820 is no longer valid once the 801 supercedes it.

How long have you and you wife been together? Long term relatonships of 3 years or more (or 2 years+ if there is a child of the relationship) and the 2 year waiting period between application and eligibility of the 801 can be waived, meaning instead of just the 820, 801 would be processed at the same time.
Just checked IMMI Account, it just has her 801 granted document. Nothing about an 820.
We've been married for less than 2 years, but we've been together for 5 (I attached proof of that). No children.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.