Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. just want to say firstly, what an amazing community! the amount of help and information i received on here was incredibly helpful when first submitting our application. Now, onto the fun stuff....

ill give a little background and then follow with a timeline, hopefully make things a little easier to understand. My husband and i first submitted his 801 application just after we got married. He has a criminal record from when he was younger (theft) that we needed to submit forms for. My husband took his time getting this done so it was a while after that he got this done. In the meantime we have had a child together. Anyway, basically what i'm asking is - Did our application not get officially 'lodged' until the last bit of requested paperwork went through? or does it go from the date all the other things were submitted?

Timeline:

801 lodged: 07/2016
Criminal History Paperwork Lodged: 08/2017
Baby Born Paperwork Lodged: 10/2017

... Still waiting.

If anyone has some clarification that would be amazing, thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,110 Posts
You can always enquire, if you get an answer is another question, but I can't see it harming your application.Yes it is 32 months since you submitted your application , however they clearly state that the waiting time is based on the premise that you have submitted a complete application , and the fact that you had to supply additional information slows the process. Likewise the need to check with other authorities means you are at the mercy of a third party who may or may not respond to the request in a timely manner.
Good luck and keep us updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.