Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I would like to share my feedback on my journey to get 801 visa and also asking a question
- I applied for the partner visa in February 2014 without a migration agent.
I was scared of doing that online but everything went pretty well.
In June 2014 I got the 820 visa and wait until
January 2016 to be offered to apply for the 801 permanent partner visa.
February 2017 The immigration contacted me to send more documents, only few more, I have not been able to provide join bank account statements because we were not use it and weirdly I was also asked envelops with date stamped to our address (I kept letters not envelops...)
I tried to contact them knowing if I could provide some other documents instead but they said it should be fine.
April 2017, I received a very short email saying the immigration was not believing in my relationship because of "adversary information received" and I was invited to justify within a month...
We had no idea what to justify not knowing what was the problem, no way to know a reason or what part to provide. Scared We went to see a lawyer who guide us through a long process of re-gather document that most of them were already sent and make an even better application knowing the immigration could refuse and lead to an appeal.
I took 2 weeks off work to gather that as fast as possible and send probably 300 pages of document, 20 statements from friends/family/neighbours 4(years at the same address), bank respectives bank statements of the last 5 years with my partner with the same spending highlighted, etc...
In June 2017 I got granted my visa 801 permanent partner visa. I never understood how I could have a clue on what was wrong before. How can someone can justify on something he does not he is wrong...
Anyway it ends up well at the end and I probably appreciate even more my visa...
- The question is simple: I may have to go working 1 year in another city, do I still have to justify or keep gathering document proving my relationship is genuine, do I have to say anything to the immigration?

Thanks for reading me

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Now that you have your 801 you are fine. You can do what you like and travel wherever you want to. You made the correct decision to talk to a Migration Lawyer before. Some of the case officers have no idea what they are doing. They are poorly trained. It is so important to present your evidence clearly and with explanations where necessary. It is not as easy as it looks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your reply. My kind of refusal seemed to happened totally randomly knowing no reason was provided... Anyway it is far behind now

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Unfortunately, anyone can put dob in a couple that is non genuine without having to back-up their claim. There was one forum member who because of someone dobbing them in that they were not in a genuine relationship, the case officer made her child have a DNA test to show that her partner was the father of the child.

There does seem to be more dob in on relationships these days.

I am glad that it all worked out for you :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.