Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!

I just need some clarification.

I lodged my first visa the 820 in august 2015, which made me elegible for the 801 in august 2017. However, I only applied in January 2018.

The processing times for the 801 are currently 18 to 23 months. supposedly from the date of eligibility (which would be August 2017 in my case).

not sure if it is 18 to 23 months after August or January when we applied. There are so many different opinions everywhere!! so confusing!

Thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
The processing times are based on the eligibility date, so for you is August 2017.

Just remember the processing time is not 18 to 23 months, it is 75% of applications within 18 months and 90% within 23 months. So it does not mean that an application will take a minimum of 18 months.

There was someone recently who supplied there documents over a year after eligibility date and didn't have to wait long at all because it is based on the eligibility date and based on that they had already waited 12 months.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The processing times are based on the eligibility date, so for you is August 2017.

Just remember the processing time is not 18 to 23 months, it is 75% of applications within 18 months and 90% within 23 months. So it does not mean that an application will take a minimum of 18 months.

There was someone recently who supplied there documents over a year after eligibility date and didn't have to wait long at all because it is based on the eligibility date and based on that they had already waited 12 months.
Wow, that's awesome! that would mean that I have already 7 months on my favor. Thank you very much!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't dilly dally any longer with supplying the additional 801 info though...they can make a decision based on the information they hold at any time.
I have already applied and sent all the documents, I did it on January. I'm now just waiting :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.