Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I applied for my 801 in November... I just have a couple of questions

1. We recently got engaged. Before, we were de-facto. Do I need to inform them of this as the application is still pending?

2. We have moved to the UK since we applied, I have updated the addresses for us both on the application, however do I need to do anything differently when I next come to Australia (November) if it hasn't been approved yet? Or do I just enter as normal?

3. The new online system has a record of my Bridging Visa that was granted in 2014 - however I have had my 820 approved since then - is it normal this isn't showing in the online system?

How long are the 801s taking to process lately? Funny because my 820 went through so quick, this one seems to be taking a lot longer.

Thanks
Lois

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
1/ you can just submit it as evidence for the 801

2/ just enter as normal

3/ yes - everyone appears to be the same

DIBP are quoting 12 to 15 months.

Just be aware since you are living overseas DIBP may ask for information on your intentions to reside in Australia.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Mish!

So can I keep adding evidence until they assess the 801? I thought once it was submitted I couldn't add anything else.

That's fine, we will be heading back to Aus so will be able to give them our intentions to return :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks!

Is it required to keep adding the documents until its approved? Just conscious that I only have 12 document uploads left.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
No not required but people do it. Don't forget you have 60 upload slots to use for the sponsor too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.