Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello wonderful people!

I have a question about the 801 sponsor statutory declaration which I have downloaded from the immi website and my partner (sponsor) is about to fill out.

The only form we have been able to find is a non editable PDF file, which essentially means that we have to print it and my partner has to handwrite on it. Handwriting takes considerably more space than typing, and its also difficult to explain the dynamic of the relationship for the past two years in such small boxes as there is only room for a few sentences.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how we can go about this?

Has anyone found this document in word format, so that my partner can extend the boxes and provide thorough answers?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
My partner typed it on a word document, printed it out and had it certified with the form. In the boxes provided in the form he just wrote 'Please refer to printed statement'.

We scanned everything after had it certified and uploaded them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My partner typed it on a word document, printed it out and had it certified with the form. In the boxes provided in the form he just wrote 'Please refer to printed statement'.

We scanned everything after had it certified and uploaded them.
Thank you Mkarina.

I just wonder if that is allowed, as the declaration has not been made on the original form as requested by immi?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thank you Mkarina.

I just wonder if that is allowed, as the declaration has not been made on the original form as requested by immi?
I believe you're using this form https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Visa...s/Trav/Visa/Appl/Partner/stat_dec_sponsor.pdf ?

We filled out the form on that link above by hand, except for the one in the boxes, those are the one we typed in a word doc and printed out. And then we got both the form and printed word doc to be certified.

We did that for both 820 and 801 and it has worked for us :)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is free. Click the link to the PDF then open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. At the top, click the "Tools" tab. Then click "Comment" (with the yellow speech bubble). A little tool bar will appear above. Find the one that's a capital T in a box (says "Add text box" when you hover over it). Draw your text box in the box you want to type in.

You can right click the text box, select "Properties" and then under style choose "No border". You can also adjust the font, size, color, etc. If you click off the text box, you'll need to double click inside to edit the text again.

Edit: For the other parts of it, you can use just the add text tool (just a capital T) to fill in the short bits. Just for the statement section, the add text tool won't wrap the text so the text box is more useful.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is free. Click the link to the PDF then open with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. At the top, click the "Tools" tab. Then click "Comment" (with the yellow speech bubble). A little tool bar will appear above. Find the one that's a capital T in a box (says "Add text box" when you hover over it). Draw your text box in the box you want to type in.

You can right click the text box, select "Properties" and then under style choose "No border". You can also adjust the font, size, color, etc. If you click off the text box, you'll need to double click inside to edit the text again.

Edit: For the other parts of it, you can use just the add text tool (just a capital T) to fill in the short bits. Just for the statement section, the add text tool won't wrap the text so the text box is more useful.
Skybluebrewer you are a lifesaver. This has been extremely helpful, thank you so very much :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
We did the same as Mish. Converted it to Word and then typed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.