Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forums!

So after a 2 year hiatus from our 820 visa we are back on the grind. Unfortunately we have come across a few unfamiliar/potential issues.

- Does my partner (sponsor) need his own immi account to upload docs? Only asks this because I am not sure if the 60 I am solely allowed is enough...And pretty sure he did last time? If he doesn't have one, 60 is all we get right?

- Also, we are trying to upload docs and I remember there used to be categories where we upload. Now it just comes under "Other (Specify)" for everything. Is that normal? Anyone else with this issue?

Anyway, really hope someone can shed someone light on this.

It's strange getting back to this after a 2 year break right?

Thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Hi forums!

So after a 2 year hiatus from our 820 visa we are back on the grind. Unfortunately we have come across a few unfamiliar/potential issues.

- Does my partner (sponsor) need his own immi account to upload docs? Only asks this because I am not sure if the 60 I am solely allowed is enough...And pretty sure he did last time? If he doesn't have one, 60 is all we get right?

- Also, we are trying to upload docs and I remember there used to be categories where we upload. Now it just comes under "Other (Specify)" for everything. Is that normal? Anyone else with this issue?

Anyway, really hope someone can shed someone light on this.

It's strange getting back to this after a 2 year break right?

Thank you!!!
There is no sponsors form for stage 2, so the form will just be on the applicants account. There is a sponsors section in the application to upload more documents. If you organise all your documents correctly, you will not need 60 attachments.

There is a list of all the different documents types. You might need to log out and then log back it and see if you get other attachment types.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
60 documents for a stage 2 lodgement? Why? Are you uploading individual pages and photos? I seldom have more than 30 files in total total.

Reactions: Mish

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey,

I’ve recently lodged mine so wanted to answer couple of your questions.

Initially when we submitted mine, the status was “submitted” and the only document category was “other”. We didn’t add anything.
Next day status changed to “requested documents” or smth along the lines and all the categories were there. We submitted all the docs and then clicked button “information provided” It’s been “application being assessed” since then.

We have 60 slots under my name (applicant) and sponsor also has 60 which is like attached to this application. He doesn’t have his own account. I’m prepared for a long wait so I condensed our evidence into about 20 files. Now I’m paranoid we don’t have enough lol. We plan to update them regularly though so well use up a lot throughout the 15-21 month wait.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: HRose313

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Make sure to keep some spare room for further attachments. With the long processing times, it is not unusual to be asked for updated relationship evidence, statements and police certificates.

Reactions: HRose313
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.