Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster here. I would like some clarity on when the 3 years for a long term relationship timing actually starts from.

We put in our initial application in June 2015, at that time we had not been together for 3 years.

When recently applying for the 801 visa, in June 2017, we had been together for over 3 years.

I would like to know if the long term relationship timing of 3 years is when you initially applied or from when you applied for the 801.

Does this mean we should now be granted our 801 immediately as per the border.gov.au website FAQ.

thanks
Ben

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I think you're a but confused as to how it works.

It is an at time of application requirement meaning you had to be able to prove a de facto/spouse relationship at least 3 years prior to submitting the combined 820/801 application to be eligible. Therefore, you weren't eligible and you were only granted the 820.

That's how it works. If you're eligible, you wait the normal wait times for the first stage and then if the CO decides it, you can also receive the second stage PR immediately after (same time as 820).

You are now eligible for the 801 but you'll need to wait the regular processing times like everyone else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.